• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Advice when feeling low

K

Keephope

Hi guys,

Just after some advice, when the low mood hits what do you find a good coping strategy?

Direisalone

Direisalone

Do you game at all? Recently found that gaming, reading or just watching stuff on netflix and youtube helps me not feel so down, talking helps too or well venting about things anyways xD

K

Keephope

Do you game at all? Recently found that gaming, reading or just watching stuff on netflix and youtube helps me not feel so down, talking helps too or well venting about things anyways xD
Yes those ideas are good, I'm thinking more when this morning while I'm working I feel very low mood so suppose I'm asking what I can do mentally

Direisalone

Direisalone

Allowed to listen to anything while you work? Any co-workers or anything that might be able to distract you a bit?

R

RedYeti

Hi guys,

Just after some advice, when the low mood hits what do you find a good coping strategy?

I’ve found a couple things

Writing has helped me. I’m not great at it but writing how I feel as a little tag line, joke and poem or whatever helps me.

I like talking shite, if it’s with a buddy or a stranger just talking nonsense helps.

Hope you feel better

peace

JessisMe

JessisMe

Take a break in the bathroom, drink milk, go for a walk around the cubicles

K

Keephope

Thank you for your reply guys I just feel very low mood and sort of zone out of things, I hope your all doing ok

Direisalone

Direisalone

Thank you for your reply guys I just feel very low mood and sort of zone out of things, I hope your all doing ok
Thank you for asking, I'm ok I guess? Don't know really, did work go ok?

E

Elphie10

Same, I find games or TV or radio a good distraction from my thoughts.

M

Mary on the hill

Older person here. How do you fine games online? Where do i look? Can i play them with just my keyboard?

Stardust2020

Stardust2020

Older person here. How do you fine games online? Where do i look? Can i play them with just my keyboard?
I went to a search engine like google & put in “online cribbage free”. You can put in solitaire, etc. I found a free site (it has ads on the bottom that don’t interfere). I think you could play with your keyboard just fine. Good luck!

Stardust2020

Stardust2020

Do you have a mouse? and what kind of games would you like to play?
I’ve used a mouse and also used my fingers. I’ve only played solitaire and cribbage. I know others who play euchre and scopa. It takes me awhile to catch on to a new game. The cribbage offers different settings: easy, medium and difficult, which helps. I also go to YouTube and enter “how to play _____” and videos come up to watch & learn.

Ramson mash

Ramson mash

I’ve used a mouse and also used my fingers. I’ve only played solitaire and cribbage. I know others who play euchre and scopa. It takes me awhile to catch on to a new game. The cribbage offers different settings: easy, medium and difficult, which helps. I also go to YouTube and enter “how to play _____” and videos come up to watch & learn.
That's a great idea. I think there are lots of free games you can try. i would recommed a tower defence game; if of course it interests you. I think they are very addictive, such as 'Bloons'(a game you can check out on google) as you set up different objects in order to stop some balooons from getting to a destination. You have to pop the balloons. Its very fun i think. Tell me what you think and if you decide to try it out.

M

Mary on the hill

Do you have a mouse? and what kind of games would you like to play?
Thanks. I have a mouse. I don't know what kind of games. I like solitare. I like car racing. Maybe like killing aliens.