• Welcome! If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Advice Please

B

boxedfrog

Hello all. I am new and feel a little bad for joining just to ask a question but here goes.
I'm not entirely sure whats wrong with me as I havent yet asked my psychiatrist and have only recently started to be treated. I have been put on Olanzapine becaus I hear voices. I started on 2.5mg and then was upped to 5mg which I was told was a very low dose. I hear one main person and a confusing whispering from lots of individuals. The 2.5mg helped with the whispering and kind of moved it into the back ground, which I can kind of live with but the main person who talks properly has now started to become extremely aggressive and saying that going to see a doctor was weak and I should commit suicide. I have no intention of doing so and am in control but he is starting to get to me now. I am concerned what will happen if I tell the doctors about this because I dont want to go to hospital. I basically just wanted to ask advice from people with experience. Things are kind of getting a little confusing and I wondered if it could be the medication thats doing it?
Now that I re-read all this it sounds silly. Guess I just wanted to say it out loud really. Or type it even :)

A

Apotheosis

Hello & welcome.

Personally I have found 'alternative' perspectives more helpful.

There is Rufus May's site & the hearing voices network that you may find helpful -

http://www.rufusmay.com/

http://www.hearing-voices.org/

(or Google them)

Or the orthodox route is primarily meds. If you talk of 'symptoms' to the majority of psychiatrists; they will keep upping meds. I suppose 5mg is a low dose; but we are all of different 'make up'. I take a low dose of a med too. 5mg is still a dose that will be having an effect. These are a strong class of drugs.

The ball park for hospital admission is - 'a danger to themselves or others'.

B

boxedfrog

Thanks for your advice Apotheosis, I will look at them sites

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
C Looking for advice on what I'm going through please Mental Health Experiences 20
D Advice on bullying as trauma please. Mental Health Experiences 10
P Hi advice welcome please Mental Health Experiences 2
L I Need Advice Please Mental Health Experiences 3
M Advice Please Mental Health Experiences 5
FallingLeaves Can they even do that?! (work/seeking advice) Mental Health Experiences 6
BONE MH: Quotes, Personal Tip, and Pro Advice... Mental Health Experiences 7
L Any advice for someone with trust issues? Mental Health Experiences 8
A Need advice if possible Mental Health Experiences 4
Wheelie Bin Barry I think ive settled, have a few questions, any advice? Mental Health Experiences 2
Ineedhelp2921 Does anyone have any advice for people in their 20s? Mental Health Experiences 20
S any advice? Mental Health Experiences 3
U I'm growing tired of living and need advice Mental Health Experiences 3
W Advice Mental Health Experiences 5
S A little life advice, if you may share ? Mental Health Experiences 4
L This is too much, I need advice Mental Health Experiences 2
R Any advice? Mental Health Experiences 1
Mr Oreo Bunny Intrusive thoughts causing little movements. Advice? Mental Health Experiences 2
blog15 Choose knowledge not advice Mental Health Experiences 1
L Having a really hard time - Advice on getting over someone? Mental Health Experiences 15
I Can anyone give advice for 91 year old mom out of control Mental Health Experiences 41
B What's the Best advice you have been given (mental health related) Mental Health Experiences 10
F Does your mind race after you've been productive? Advice on how to stop it. Mental Health Experiences 1
L Advice welcome!! Mental Health Experiences 8
K Advice Mental Health Experiences 1
Twinkle14 I need advice Mental Health Experiences 5
M Need advice on BDD Mental Health Experiences 1
Amelia2020 Please help: i feel like my mind is out of control Mental Health Experiences 5
J ***Please read and help*** unusual issue Mental Health Experiences 3
N Please Read This Mental Health Experiences 7
J Would I be get reported if I confide this horrible act of mine to my therapist? Please Help!!! Mental Health Experiences 5
E Hi everyone, If you'd like to talk about something please feel free to talk here. Mental Health Experiences 2
S Just got prescribed GABApentin need info please Mental Health Experiences 4
W Please read my profile I'm new hear I would like some guidance Mental Health Experiences 6
C Please help - questions about my brother Mental Health Experiences 9
C My first time here, talking about childhood experiences. Please help Mental Health Experiences 6