• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Advice please

I

invisible2014

Hi I've got an incredibly difficult decision to make .I've been at my current be job for seven years and have been offered a new job at a nursery where my friends work and have left from where I work now .I'm not sure whether to accept job or stat where I am .the other day I was thinking of staying where I am but my friend started saying she's gutted for me .the decision is making me so I'll and need to make decision asap

Jolly

Jolly

Hi. Personally I would not know what to do except go with your gut. I wish you well

MeAndMyDepression

MeAndMyDepression

You can stay at your current job and be with your friends outside of your work hours. If you hate your job, then the decision might be easier for you to make, and you may want to switch to the nursery to be with your friends. Making a list of the pros and cons of being in your current job versus being in the nursery may help you make the decision. Good luck!

I

invisible2014

Thank you I'm scared of making wrong decision have no one to talk to

I

invisible2014

I tried to meet up with one person today to discuss it everyone said no

JessisMe

JessisMe

I don’t think there is a wrong decision in this case. Does one pay more than the other? Does one offer better benefits or a better work schedule than the other? Is one a closer commute than the other? Is one a better work environment than the other? Are there things that you don’t like about where you currently work that might be better at a different place, i.e. a bad boss, etc..? These are all things to consider. Like someone said here you can always see your friends outside of work, you don’t have to work with them every day to enjoy their company. These are all factors to consider. I don’t think there is a right or wrong choice here. Ultimately what you decide is up to you. xo, j

I

invisible2014

I had to decide to stay where I am and one of my friends said there gutted for me which changed mt mind

I

invisible2014

My boss of seven years wants to put me on zero hour contract but I keep getting loads of hour I know what I'm doing here they know me they know what I can and can do.the other nursery is right near door so like a competor so would make things very awkward handing in my notice period

JessisMe

JessisMe

My boss of seven years wants to put me on zero hour contract but I keep getting loads of hour I know what I'm doing here they know me they know what I can and can do.the other nursery is right near door so like a competor so would make things very awkward handing in my notice period
Didn’t you say that your friends used to work at the nursery you work at? Why did they leave?

I

invisible2014

Yes that's right they all had problems with director they didn't leave to directly go to new nursery they left for a bit than eventually went to new nursery

I

invisible2014

The new job would start off with zero hour contact I would be terrified to hand in tlnotice they are both so close to each other .I'm getting so I'll just wanted to meet up with one person today to discuss everything but no one was there for me when I really needed them

JessisMe

JessisMe

The new job would start off with zero hour contact I would be terrified to hand in tlnotice they are both so close to each other .I'm getting so I'll just wanted to meet up with one person today to discuss everything but no one was there for me when I really needed them
Thats discouraging.

I

invisible2014

Yes the nwa job would star off as relief than permanent contract once I'm.more familiar I. Role

I

invisible2014

On Thursday I spoke to friend to tell her my decision they did not support my decision saying how I'll it's made me how I will not regret it

JessisMe

JessisMe

They think you will regret leaving? Why?