Advice please *Trigger Warning*

R

reluctantgerman

My partner has a friend who she has known all through school. Recently within the last couple of years he has developed symptoms of what we believe are schizophrenia. I'm not sure if he has been formerly diagnosed as he his not a close friend.

Previously he contacted a mutual friend through facebook making accusations of harassment and has threatened to rape and stab her. She contacted the police who took action. He has been banned from using social media and had his laptop, phone etc confiscated. He still however has managed to use Facebook.

More recently he has started to make accusations to my partner. She at first ignored the messages but now thinks it would be best to reply as ignoring them seems to make him angry. She is reluctant it tell the police as she thinks it will be too much hassle but is worried about how to handle the situation.

What should be done? Should she keep ignoring the messages or reply? What should she say in response? Any advice would be great thanks :)

Firewolf

Firewolf

What does he accuse her off ? I wish you luck cos it sounds like he is not a nice person and I would worry he might follow through on what he is saying . Just be safe oxox

R

reluctantgerman

He basically says things like "What's your problem. Stop bothering me. Stop bothering X (the friend he threatened before) ". The last contact she had was when she saw him by chance and when up to him to say hello several months ago so she's definitely not done anything to cause him offence.

Stripeysocks

Stripeysocks

Personally I would not respond to the messages at all because it doesn't sound like you would be able to rationalise with him and make him see any sense because if he is this ill then he won't be able to, and responding would just be fuelling his delusions. Maybe if you do tell the police about the accusations they will have more information and may be able to get him some help? It's a really difficult situation, but whilst he is so unwell and not getting any help for it and is behaving in a threatening manner towards others, you have to think of your own wellbeing first. I really would say not to respond. Best wishes. x

Firewolf

Firewolf

It sounds weard but my X does that too when she gets bad :( she will join dots that arnt there and then accuse people of planing things but it's more of a paranoia thing oxoxox sorry your going through this too (( hugs))

calypso

calypso

Admin
may I ask something? Why did you post this on the schizophrenia forum? Just seemed a little odd, that's all.