Advice please re. my support worker

delatext

delatext

please take affirmative action for your sake do not be exploited or bullied I know how you feel honestly,
your peace of mind and welfare are paramount

Pixie37

Pixie37

Thanks deletext. I've had to push her away to get my head thinking clearly for now. I think shes already worried as she was texting and phoning me tons. I'm waiting until Easter is over to phone the Manager.

Pixie37

Pixie37

I've spoken to my nurse today about my support worker. She says i've to report and now is the best time to do it while she is on holiday. So i am about to phone her Manager right now and report her.

Pixie37

Pixie37

I've phoned the project. Got an answering machine so left a message for the Manager.

Pixie37

Pixie37

Thanks maxi. I just have to wait for her to call me back. I reckon i'll have to wait until Monday though.

Pixie37

Pixie37

Oh crikey the Manager phoned me at 5ish. I was all flustered could only get out about her shopping, telling me to take Kalms and take bad offer of flat. I totally forgot about it.

Pixie37

Pixie37

The Manager said "oh really! We'll deal with that from this end, You won't have to be involved. Don't worry she won't be out to see you again and i'll come out with another support worker for you" and that was that.

M

maudikie

Support worker.

I should ask for a change in support workers. Who recommended her? Pput your complaint in writing and keep a copy. It s not improving your lot in haaving this worry.
Take care, and I hope you get a new one who will really give you support.:)

T

timie

crazy peeps

I'm beginning to get fed up of my support worker.

She was meant to help me with meal planning but hasn't done this. She doesn't get me help when i really need it. She spends a lot of time on her mobile when shes with me. When she's meant to be helping to do shopping i lose half an hour going shopping for bags or dress for her. She wants me to take a flat in a bad area. Shes booked me on a course without even asking me. She says i should take Kalms and may have pmt. She talks to me about her problems all the time. Should i complain or sort it with her myself?
do you know what - this just shows - there should not be such peeps in the jobs - maybe mentalness at this level doesnt actually exist - ever wondered how they got you to believ u r nuts in the 1st place!!! i feel sos for anyone who is sucked in by this rubbish - i know you need someone - but what about your true friends - and if u r capable of doing yor own shop why are you getting someone else to do it. wake up uk we are not mental - we are just lacking in community and family spirit. do it yorself and feel good about yorself - dont let these peeps run yor boat - get off ya ass and get a life!

P

pauleff

Hi Pixie, I have just picked up on your post. I am a support worker, and currently provide support as a PA to a couple in Swansea. It is a constant source of disappointment to me, when I hear about other support workers acting in a manner that is, unacceptable, unprofessional and which brings mistrust and a bad name to our vocation. I hope that you are able to resolve this matter as soon as possible.

calypso

calypso

Admin
Hiya pauleff, this thread is VERY old, ( 3 years) so I wondered if you would like to post in Introductions, near the top of the forum, so we can all welcome you and talk to you particularly.