• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Advice please on duloxetine

L

Lewis21

Hi everyone, since stopping citilapram on doctors advice to start duloxetine which has been 2 weeks now and dose upped from 30mg to 60mg 4 days ago I have not managed more than 4 hours sleep a night , I wake with anxiety and that continues through the day. I have no appetite and have lost 9lbs in 2 weeks . Just wondered if anyone else eventually had improvement, I'm not sure how much longer I can feel like this . I now have extra waking hours to panic. Thank you for reading my ramble .

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

Well, I tried Duloxetine recently and it wasn't terrible, but it didn't help me either.

For the first 2-3 weeks I felt ok, as if I was still taking Lexapro. No better, no worse.

Then after that, up until 4-5 weeks, I began to feel REALLY depressed, angry, irritable and just...like I had nothing to look forward to. Nothing felt good and nowhere felt safe. I waited 2 weeks to see if this would change, but no. It got too unpleasant, I didn't want to do anything (even worse than usual), so I stopped and went back on the Lexapro. Now I just feel how I did before...blah, but at least not worse.

L

Lewis21

Well, I tried Duloxetine recently and it wasn't terrible, but it didn't help me either.

For the first 2-3 weeks I felt ok, as if I was still taking Lexapro. No better, no worse.

Then after that, up until 4-5 weeks, I began to feel REALLY depressed, angry, irritable and just...like I had nothing to look forward to. Nothing felt good and nowhere felt safe. I waited 2 weeks to see if this would change, but no. It got too unpleasant, I didn't want to do anything (even worse than usual), so I stopped and went back on the Lexapro. Now I just feel how I did before...blah, but at least not worse.
Thank you so much for replying. I'll give it a little while longer then will have to go back to GP . I just am getting desperate to sleep, our doctors won't prescribe sleeping tablets . May try taking them in the morning instead. Hope your day has been OK and again thank you x