• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Advice on what to do if you thought you didn't need a psychiatrist any longer

A

Adamblacky

Advice on what to do if you thought you didn't need a psychiatrist any longer

Hello I've been having problems with psychiatrists who think I struggle taking tablets when I know I don't from these reasons bellow.

1. The reason I didn't want to take them last year was not to ever not take them I was just Autistically Determined to show the small things that would of gotton better through time. Like if my social worker said to me you now have extra mileage funding with direct payments but he said I still had to wait for the paper work to be sorted for.

2. The first Psychiatrist big problem was me sleeping on floor with lot's of bigger pillows in a line to support my back which it did. And he thought I got pain from it and that it was still a strategy but it was not doing any pain to my back and it was no longer a strategy about traffic as that got better I just found it more comfortable.

3. The 2nd Psychiatrist big problem was thinking that I was hitting myself and isolating myself but I have never hurted myself about my thoughts I've just spoke to myself about new good autistic ideas to help issues. And me going to the beach with a pop up tent for 5 hours was not to be isolated it was just to feel like a sensory room or relaxation techniques that I was bought up with at school and college once a week.

4. I've already tried talking to my psychiatrist about my reasons why I didn't take tablets last year but he still doesn't believe me. I've already spoken to a solicitor and advocate.

So if I was not happy with my psychiatrists and thought that I can responsibly be good at taking a small dose of the right tablet continually and no longer needed there help who should I speak to to help me with the situation. And for tribunals if a tribunal wasn't to go to plan about CTO where should I look next to help with me getting the independence back. Any advice on places of people would be appreciated.

G

gabzgrl

Um. I don't know for sure, but I do know in certain cases where you feel your rights are neglected you can contact organizations or advocacy groups like MFI Wins Human Rights in Mental Health — MFIPortal and ask them to lobby on behalf of your freedom? That is often when an obvious abuse occurs, such as repeated forced electroshock or endangerment or neglecting the patient's needs/fundamental human rights. You can also contact a lawyer, or the government or state representative.

CBTish

CBTish

You don't say what country you are in, but in England CTO means Community Treatment Order (Section 17A of the Mental Health Act), so I'm guessing you're in England.

For tribunals in England you can get free advocacy from an Independent Mental Health Advocate (IMHA). Whoever told you about the tribunal must also tell you about your rights to an IMHA. If that didn't happen, ask to be told about your rights.

A

Adamblacky

You don't say what country you are in, but in England CTO means Community Treatment Order (Section 17A of the Mental Health Act), so I'm guessing you're in England.

For tribunals in England you can get free advocacy from an Independent Mental Health Advocate (IMHA). Whoever told you about the tribunal must also tell you about your rights to an IMHA. If that didn't happen, ask to be told about your rights.

Yes I'm in Dorset United Kingdom and have had 1 independent advocate from mental health so next time I see him I might ask of my rights.

A

Adamblacky

Um. I don't know for sure, but I do know in certain cases where you feel your rights are neglected you can contact organizations or advocacy groups like MFI Wins Human Rights in Mental Health — MFIPortal and ask them to lobby on behalf of your freedom? That is often when an obvious abuse occurs, such as repeated forced electroshock or endangerment or neglecting the patient's needs/fundamental human rights. You can also contact a lawyer, or the government or state representative.

Does MFI Wins Human Rights in Mental — MFIPortal support the UK?

G

gabzgrl

Yes it's MFI for Mind Freedom International, so they support worldwide human rights. If you click the link, you'll see on the right there's one example Mindfreedom Ireland.