• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Advice on scars

R

Rolandrat

Using vitamin e cream on dried scars and bio oil but I have no sensation on those bits of skin now. I am also worried as the gp phoned and said I need antibiotics, the place that was swabbed has healed over, do I still take antibiotics ?

Last edited by a moderator:
SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Bit late in responding so not sure what you ended up doing about the antibiotics, but in my opinion, it probably wouldn't have been much use taking them if everything seems to have healed over.
Not that I want there to be a 'next time', but if you find yourself in this situation again, it's really important to take care of yourself and take whatever medicine the doctor recommends asap.

R

Rolandrat

spoke to gp who explained the infection would still be there and is slowing down other scars healing, so on strong antibiotics for another 10 days, still hurts and not pretty. Antibiotics do the healing from under the skin. Feel awful and looks terrible, infections make you feel worse as well.

Thanks for comment though

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
alohomora The Nurturing Safe Room 7