• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Advice on how to overcome depression

M

Mert

Hello,
I am new to the forum and am looking for advice and ideas on how to overcome depression. I already am getting professional counseling from an LMFT and taking medications to help me. Many days i dont want to get out of bed. I am on social security disability for the condition. Please help! All advice is welcome. Mert

M

Mert

thanks for the articles. I will bring this up with my therapist when we meet again on Wed. Mert

DistantOcean

DistantOcean

Cool, you are most likely gonna have to wait before you have tried a couple of different medications though. Because if you are both getting used to some type of medication and having TMS or ketamine infusion you cannot clearly say which of the two therapies alleviates the depression, if it does

M

Mert

i have tried several medications which is frustrating since i still dont feel the ones i have are helping that much. thnx for the reply

Mario82

Mario82

Taking a break
Hi again Mert

One thing that sometimes helps me when I feel really low (when I can concentrate) is escapism in the form of entertainment, such as music, TV shows, gaming, movies, comic books and novels. Although I don't read much in terms of books.

M

Mert

Hi Mario,
I have lost all interest in music which is sad. i do watch netflix once and awhile just to pass the time, but i dont like a lot of their content. I appreciate the suggestion. I guess you are getting my messages! Mert

Mario82

Mario82

Taking a break
Hi Mario,
I have lost all interest in music which is sad. i do watch netflix once and awhile just to pass the time, but i dont like a lot of their content. I appreciate the suggestion. I guess you are getting my messages! Mert
Hey no problem friend. I was just trying to suggest something. You must be struggling to have lost all interest in music as it's not an attention-intensive thing like movies or tv series or books. I am getting your messages yeah - the little notification bell at the top right of the screen alerts us when we get a new post or a like in a thread we are posting in.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
P Need some serious advice Depression Forum 4
D Think my dad has depression (advice needed) Depression Forum 6
DistantOcean Advice for people with depression Depression Forum 7
S Advice Depression Forum 8
J Advice. Depression Forum 3
D Relationship Advice Depression Forum 7
I Advice please Depression Forum 8
L Depressed partner- seeking advice Depression Forum 5
I Work place bullying advice please Depression Forum 21
fluffydogs Advice for dragging myselt out of an episode? Depression Forum 16
F Mental health advice Depression Forum 2
P Asking for advice Depression Forum 3
T Advice for the depressed Depression Forum 24
H Frustrated with CBT, any advice? Depression Forum 3
M Girlfriend has depression and has pushed away. Need advice/support Depression Forum 2
T Advice for you on loniless and depression Depression Forum 5
SnowFairy00 Advice re medication - should I seek a second opinion? Depression Forum 8
MrBond007 Rejection advice? Depression Forum 5
moonperson vent/advice: I really can't stand myself and I don't want to like this person who I am. Depression Forum 14
L Would like some advice about feeling detached recently Depression Forum 1
Ladyfair I am asking for advice please. Depression Forum 9
K Advice Depression Forum 1
W Advice needed for a relationship with someone suffering with severe depression Depression Forum 6
ineedabettername I’m in need of some serious life advice. 💢 What can I do? Depression Forum 5
jajingna Jordan Peterson: Advice for people with depression. Depression Forum 31
S Advice on Emotional Support Animals? Depression Forum 1
E Need advice Depression Forum 7
K Advice when feeling low Depression Forum 26
S Need some advice Depression Forum 4
M Need some advice for helping my partner Depression Forum 1
Gigglypuff sad inside So this is my life story. Can someone give me advice ? Depression Forum 2
E Very depressed and need advice Depression Forum 14
X Looking For Advice Depression Forum 8
Capt Hooke The Most Amazing Advice you had from a P-doc? Depression Forum 1
I Any advice on how to want to fight back? Depression Forum 12
S How to overcome complete lack of motivation to do almost anything? Depression Forum 13
S Does mindfulness meditation helps to overcome panic attacks? Depression Forum 9
W How do you motivate yourself when you have depression? Depression Forum 5
Carol1952 Depression Depression Forum 7
W My head is buzzing with agitation and depression!! Depression Forum 3
Peaceful Warrior A Biologist about depression and our world view Depression Forum 5
Wishbone Depression related: Do you have Asthma or Allergies? Depression Forum 2
Z Is this depression? Depression Forum 9
P Helping/supporting my girlfriend who has depression Depression Forum 3
N Do i have depression or just dramatic Depression Forum 3
S anxiety and depression, does it ever end?? Depression Forum 5
whyme88 Anxiety leading to depression? Depression Forum 7
midnightphoenix Depression Depression Forum 1
F My Partner with depression Depression Forum 18
L Partner with depression Depression Forum 13