• Welcome! Itโ€™s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Advice on dealing with hallucinations

S

SandAndStars

Hello,
I Am New Here ๐Ÿ˜Š
If anyone Could give an advice which way to deal with it, I would be so grateful. I had a first episode some years ago which was horrible and Could not be hidden, all these other symptoms i have since then are also horrible but I somehow keep cool because I refuse to fall apart as the first time.
I had a long, long time of just being silent about those stuff. I honestly Dont know how I managed to 'Be normal' but experience all types of hallucinations most of the time.
I tryed beliveing it was to be delt with by spiritual confrontation or ignoring it. Both did not work since the first left me even more crazy, and the second turned me into a frustrated human, afcourse because i always heard saw and felt something I Could not move away. My next move is getting on meds again, because even though I feel numb, I function all right.
There is less pain.
Aldough I refuse to believe any single thing I experience in that way, it is not going ok. Basically if I believed all those silly horrible stuff.. I would play that game, it would't be so conflict like. ๐Ÿ˜‚
My question is, how to except you have totally unrealistic, abusive and childish part of the mind? Since the other part is fine and keeping the sanity. It is really really hard to be one way, personality and all but your hallucinations are complete opossite, and are Here to ruin the quality of living. Do you talk with the voices or something similar? I Dont, just ignore it, but Could Be I Am doing myself harm.
I tried writing something about what they say once, it was so so weird I gave up.
Meds do not help but they keep me more relaxed so I cope easier.
If you have similar experience, do you have negative or positive hallucinations?
Mine had bad and good stuff, but for me both unnaceptable.

Sorry for the long post!!
Thanks in advance ๐Ÿ˜Š

L

Lolalola123

Hi :)

welcome

I think to deal with hallucinations the first step is to know they arenโ€™t real, recognise what separates the hallucination from real life. This way you donโ€™t be as scared.
Second is to make sure family and close friends is aware of ur condition, and ur doctor is giving u medical help or therapy.
Third step which I struggle with is avoid any triggers, alcohol, drugs even violent and scary movies or video games can trigger anxiety and psychosis.

and mainly learn to laugh which can be hard but me and my friends joke about our mental health and it does take the edge off it :)
Hope ur doing well

Zero One

Zero One

Stop! You had me at aldough ๐Ÿ’•. I had to stop reading when you partitioned the mind because I can't relate to that logic and I got serious delusions just trying lol.

I think medication is good but it has to be the right one. Some of my hallucinations/delusions used to be so strong that I would just go through them hoping they would end when I was mindful of a possible end. I think it is good to have someone to talk to when it comes to the heavy stuff that makes one start to feel unstable. It took me a long time to initially go to a psychiatrist but I wish I never waited. I remember sometimes they were so bad I was just standing trying to keep my eyes open. The first med they gave me helped a lot at first. I will try to write more if I think of anything else. :hug:

S

SandAndStars

Thanks alot! I would really want to stummble upon some logic in all of this what is happening, but just cant for so long. Basically I should just deal with it not being easy talk about it and laugh about it as well.
๐Ÿ˜Š
Hope you are doing well, thank you for reply.
This forum is not so scary after all. ๐Ÿ˜‚
I was really thinking too much if join or not ๐Ÿคญ

S

SandAndStars

P. S. Sorry for the mind part, when explaining i like to simplify the way I see it, but sometimes it is totally off hahha

Zero One

Zero One

Thanks alot! I would really want to stummble upon some logic in all of this what is happening, but just cant for so long. Basically I should just deal with it not being easy talk about it and laugh about it as well.
๐Ÿ˜Š
Hope you are doing well, thank you for reply.
This forum is not so scary after all. ๐Ÿ˜‚
I was really thinking too much if join or not ๐Ÿคญ
Thank you ๐Ÿ’• you are so fun lol. I was thinking of starting some threads for the funnier side of hallucinations/delusions lol.

S

SandAndStars

๐Ÿ˜ŠWhen it is not horrible it Could Be funny. There are times I would just like to chill and be ok, but it feels like a horror movie.
I guess if possible there Could Be a funny side to it. I Dont know ๐Ÿคญ if you have some good books or movies to recommend?
I believe both of you are on the right track, if we Could sourround ourselves with more humor and laugh more it Could Be less painful. Easier said than done but Could work ๐Ÿ’ช

N

natalie

I think first and foremost, if you find helpful to relax, then med is the answer, and stick to it, also, have a think about trying to listen to pre recorded commercliased music and musicals, music such as easy listening and or a little bit of big band style of jazz, music does and can work wonders, for getting the hallucinations, to dissappear as if by majic.

I would go back to your doctor, and explain that the whilst the med keeps you relax, doesn't help you really for the hallucinations. I wish you well with this.

S

SandAndStars

Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š music used to help sometimes, but it had to be instrumental, no lyrics triggers... I will try it again โ˜บ

N

natalie

Your welcome. Yes, music in its many forms is and be very powerful and relaxing. It's the best medicine than medicine themsevles for hearing voices/hallucinations.

Best regards.

L

Lab rat

If you can separate the hallucinations from reality, you can ignore them.

I canโ€™t, mine are too close to reality. Not all but most.

S

SandAndStars

I know, I tried to expain to the doctor how I ignore it, mentally most of the time know they are not real, but feel pysical and emotional reaction to them, so I cannot function like most people do.
How do you cope? ๐Ÿ˜•
Thanks for reply

L

Lab rat

I act out in the stupidest, most idiotic ways. And I attract like for like.