• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Advice on counselling

P

Paintedsmiles

Hi, I'm new here but I'll try keep this short and to the point.

I had counselling two years ago for pnd. I have had a rough few years with anxiety/depression and have had a few relapses, so I'm starting counselling with a new counsellor next week.

I always struggled to talk in therapy. I would have a complete mental block when I walked in to her office and just sit there unable to find words, which concerned her.

Has anyone experienced this? I'm concerned this is what will happen again. That, or I will have a complete breakdown. We are about to become homeless too, and I feel like this amount of stress will send me one way or the other when asked to talk about it.

Xx

D

DD040894

Hi,write an essay at home if you cant talk.Best of luck

M

Marcitko

Sometimes, I bring little notes on paper. That tends to help.

Boris

Boris

Don't you find these therapies so worth while when you feel relaxed, and you are able to trust the therapist... or perhaps in your counselling sessions you are feeling completely the opposite? As others have said if you do find it a struggle (probably through no fault of your own) you will probably be better off putting it on paper first ;)