Advice needed

F

Flipper321

My husband has had depression ever since I've known him and he has suffered from mood swings and downward spirals. He has been on and off anti depressants as he has sometimes stopped taking them. In the last month he has been referred to a mental health team for assesment. They diagnosed him as severely depressed, mildly bipolar, mildly psychotic and split personality disorder. Put him on different medication and signed him off work for a month. Ever since he has started this medication he has got worse. He's unfeeling and uncaring with no response to even a cuddle. He has insomnia and doesn't come to bed until gone 5am, then sleeps until gone 2pm. He eventually gets up and goes straight on X Box where he'll mainly stay until he eventually comes to bed. In the last 2 days he has been self harming which he has never done before. He says he wants to feel if he has pain as he is numb but feels nothing. I have tried to tell him that since being on new medication he is worse than ever and he needs to let his Doctor know but he said he can't see that it has. I work during the day so not home to make sure he doesn't self harm. I'm worried sick and am at a loss on what to do. I' cry all the time. Help

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deathcrush

That’s really tough, it’s always hard having someone you love go through such a dark and terrible time. I’m not sure if I can help much but I do know that you’re not alone. He may need to go inpatient at a mental health facility where they can adjust his medication faster that’s what they did with me. Self harm can be addictive as I still have trouble with it after 2 almost 3 years. You just have to be strong and you sound like a very wonderful and caring person. I hope I could help a little I hope he feels better soon!
Deathcrush

F

Flipper321

Thank you for your reply and kind words. I appreciate it

G

Galloway35

Hello friend, I am so sorry that your husband is battling depression and that you've dealing with this heavy burden. My mother is pretty much the same. In my honest opinion, I believe that Jesus is the only answer to problems as heavy as these... Have you prayed over him for deliverance or sought out a local church? I just prayed for God to heal your husband and restore your marriage. I will be continually praying for you both!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Self Harm Forum 3
H Self Harm Forum 2
honeymouse Self Harm Forum 3
C Self Harm Forum 10
P Self Harm Forum 1