Advice needed about drugs and confidentiality

R

rhiannonwilliams

Hi, Im kinda new to this forums, I dont think this is in the right place so Im really sorry if it belongs somewhere else. Also if this breaks the rules, I will remove it. Would really like some advice about drugs. Ive recently started using illegal drugs to try and escape my life for a few hours. The problem is I know Im starting to become addicted and what to talk to my cpn about getting some help. However if I talk to her is she going to get the police involved? Also I live in supported housing, so basically anything I tell her about it, would she tell my support work or is it all confidential? Thank you for any help :)

NicoretteGummed

NicoretteGummed

The longer you go without telling them the worse I am sure it will get.

They can give you legal substitute drugs to alleviate the cravings and withdrawals.

The last thing you need is to get into debt with a drug dealer.

skitzofrantik

skitzofrantik

To be honest it's hard to reply with a 100% certainty, but as far as I am aware the only time they are allowed to break confidence is if you are a risk to yourself or others, but am unsure if your cpn and support worker communicate, all I can suggest you have noticed its a slippery slope, perhaps when you speak to your cpn make sure that there is nout in you flat to be safe also say you are worried about where the information will go to your cpn, gl and hope you get help sooner rather later.

Semper fidelis

R

rhiannonwilliams

Thanks for the answers, I think I will talk to my cpn about how far this kind of information will be shared before I tell her everything. I know that I need to get it sorted sooner rather than later as this is not a good thing ti be getting into.

cpuusage

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
i've had a lot of experience with it all. They never really used to do a lot.

You don't really get help for genuine dual diagnosis.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Wellbeing 1