• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Advice need maybe??

starfoxxy90

starfoxxy90

My psychiatrist recommend to try TMS treatment to help with my depression and bipolar type 1 highs and lows.

I have been on now 1 - 20mg of Geodon in morning with 1 - 1mg Klonopin. Than 80mg of Geodon at bedtime with Trileptal 300mg . yet I dont know what the next step with dealing with my manic high and lows . I writing poetry most of my time and than I try and color and sketch

My first question is about TMS treatment.

1. Has anyone known of the pros and cons and how it might effective after the full 5 weeks of treatment?

I noticed that the uncommon side effects are the manic; increase in people with Bipolar.

Is that happened to anyone else who may have tried the TMS treatment ?

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
What is TMS? Trans cranial magnetic stimulation? If that is correct, a friend of mine was wanting that for her depression and anxiety, i don't know if she ever went ahead with it but she had researched that and vagus nerve stimulation? if that is the other one. I recall she said her psychiatrist laughed at her! Perhaps it is expensive.

T

TheHeartHasAVoice

My psychiatrist recommend to try TMS treatment to help with my depression and bipolar type 1 highs and lows.

I have been on now 1 - 20mg of Geodon in morning with 1 - 1mg Klonopin. Than 80mg of Geodon at bedtime with Trileptal 300mg . yet I dont know what the next step with dealing with my manic high and lows . I writing poetry most of my time and than I try and color and sketch

My first question is about TMS treatment.

1. Has anyone known of the pros and cons and how it might effective after the full 5 weeks of treatment?

I noticed that the uncommon side effects are the manic; increase in people with Bipolar.

Is that happened to anyone else who may have tried the TMS treatment ?
Research efficacy (how effective it is at relieving depression) before doing it. Research statistics don't just blindly jump into it. If you ask me, my opinion is if it was so effective then everyone would be doing it and it would be all over the news yet depression in society is not getting better.

I've always found a more helpful and obvious approach when dealing with depression is to ask questions like "why am I depressed?" and "what can I change to make things better?".

In my opinion, your individual depression has meaning and that meaning needs to be investigated not suppressed.

starfoxxy90

starfoxxy90

Thank you all for everyone's helpful ideas and yes it is the TMS that is also known as Transcranial magnetic stimulation