• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Advice - is this indicative of a mental health problem?

R

Richard_se11

I am after a bit of guidance as I’m not sure which way to go.
I have a partner of seven years. I think he has some sort of mental problem, but I am not sure. I have listed some of the behaviour/issues here.
He has mood swings, sometimes he’s the person I fell in love with, and at other times he’s a nasty
He lies and does not seem to realise he is doing so – even when the evidence is proves his lies.
He is jealous – after travelling to Liverpool on a train he was upset that I had been eyeing people up (which I had not)
He seems to believe that which is not true, he insists I have a cocaine habit (untrue)
He seems to think the lodger is a drug dealer and that I am sleeping with him (untrue)
He throws the lodger’s food away and his washed clothes out of the window, spreads the lodger’s salt in his milk and that sort of thing - and then denied having done it.
And on another occasion seemed to believe that he was being bugged – and started taking the lights out of wardrobes.
And more….

I suppose the questions are:
is this likely to be borne out of a mental illness issue?
where to go from here?
Who do I contact for advice, and how can I get him to realise he has a problem.

Many thanks

dib4uk

dib4uk

Well from what you've described it does sound like he is suffering but from what i cant tell you because im not a trained medical adviser and also im not in your situation, but i beleive that he is suffering and in a bad place.

I could hedge a guess and say that it sounds like either biploa with psychosis or its schzophrenia.... but dont take my word on that.

What you can do for him is simply by being there and if he admits that he has a problem then u can seek out medical help.

good luck x

:welcome:

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
A Need advice if possible Mental Health Experiences 4
Wheelie Bin Barry I think ive settled, have a few questions, any advice? Mental Health Experiences 2
Ineedhelp2921 Does anyone have any advice for people in their 20s? Mental Health Experiences 11
S any advice? Mental Health Experiences 3
U I'm growing tired of living and need advice Mental Health Experiences 3
W Advice Mental Health Experiences 5
S A little life advice, if you may share ? Mental Health Experiences 4
C Looking for advice on what I'm going through please Mental Health Experiences 20
Ladyfair This is too much, I need advice Mental Health Experiences 2
R Any advice? Mental Health Experiences 1
Mr Oreo Bunny Intrusive thoughts causing little movements. Advice? Mental Health Experiences 2
T Advice on bullying as trauma please. Mental Health Experiences 10
P Hi advice welcome please Mental Health Experiences 2
blog15 Choose knowledge not advice Mental Health Experiences 1
Ladyfair I Need Advice Please Mental Health Experiences 3
M Advice Please Mental Health Experiences 5
L Having a really hard time - Advice on getting over someone? Mental Health Experiences 15
I Can anyone give advice for 91 year old mom out of control Mental Health Experiences 41
B What's the Best advice you have been given (mental health related) Mental Health Experiences 10
F Does your mind race after you've been productive? Advice on how to stop it. Mental Health Experiences 1
L Advice welcome!! Mental Health Experiences 8
K Advice Mental Health Experiences 1
Twinkle14 I need advice Mental Health Experiences 5
M Need advice on BDD Mental Health Experiences 1
R Advice Mental Health Experiences 3
B Overwhelmed and in need of advice Mental Health Experiences 6
Topcat Family - bad relationships - need advice (bit long sorry) Mental Health Experiences 5
M Mental conversations Mental Health Experiences 7
Amelia2020 Do some mental illnesses develop later in life? Mental Health Experiences 3
U Why do even people with mental illnesses think that it's a joke? Mental Health Experiences 32
zula77 Effects of our mental health on our pet dogs? HAS BEEN APPROVED BY STAFF Mental Health Experiences 24
L Mental Health is tricky, but very serious... Mental Health Experiences 1
Amelia2020 Mental illness where moods shift: anger, sadness, etc. Mental Health Experiences 2
C Unknown Mental Illness Mental Health Experiences 2
S Dealing with worsening mental health Mental Health Experiences 3
M Mental health in the family Mental Health Experiences 1
S What it's like when everyone in the house has mental problems Mental Health Experiences 4
T Mental Health Days Mental Health Experiences 5
L Trigger!! Partner blaming me for him being offf work due to my mental health!! Mental Health Experiences 13
H Is it possible for a person unable to work due to mental health to eventually have a successful life and career? Mental Health Experiences 3
jacquelinx Mental hospital vent Mental Health Experiences 4
L mental health assessment Mental Health Experiences 2
I A mix of mental issues being 22 Mental Health Experiences 1
O Weird habits associated with mental illness? Mental Health Experiences 9
Marrex My Mental Health Experiences Mental Health Experiences 1
T Mental health services are disappointing us Mental Health Experiences 13
D How long are mental health act assessments usually Mental Health Experiences 4
anex Grad school and mental health Mental Health Experiences 2
Number 1 G Mental Health Psychiatrists & Home Care Or Other Area's Should Be Sued! Mental Health Experiences 1
S Seeing Duke In Mental Health With No Cure Mental Health Experiences 3