• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Advice - is this indicative of a mental health problem?

R

Richard_se11

I am after a bit of guidance as I’m not sure which way to go.
I have a partner of seven years. I think he has some sort of mental problem, but I am not sure. I have listed some of the behaviour/issues here.
He has mood swings, sometimes he’s the person I fell in love with, and at other times he’s a nasty
He lies and does not seem to realise he is doing so – even when the evidence is proves his lies.
He is jealous – after travelling to Liverpool on a train he was upset that I had been eyeing people up (which I had not)
He seems to believe that which is not true, he insists I have a cocaine habit (untrue)
He seems to think the lodger is a drug dealer and that I am sleeping with him (untrue)
HE throws the lodger’s food away and his washed clothes out of the window, spreads the lodger’s salt in his milk and that sort of thing
And on another occasion seemed to believe that he was being bugged – and started taking the lights out of wardrobes.
And more….
I suppose the question is where to go from here?
Who do I contact for advice, and how can I get him to realise he has a problem. .

schiz01

schiz01

First of all :welcome: to the forum
A few questions....is your partner on any medication or taking any other substances.
What country are you from
Your could always discuss your concerns with your own doctor.I'm sure he/she would know what services are available in your area.
From what you describe it sounds like he is a bit paranoid.

R

Richard_se11

Thank you for your comments schiz01, I'll make an appointment with my GP. To answer your questions though, I'm from England, and he's taken St John's Wort for depression. not sure whether he takes it now.

M

maudikie

maudikie.

I agree that your friend needs to see a doctor. Will he go on his own and voluntarily? If not I should write to the doctor yourself and expess your concern and the rather strange behaviour which you explain well.I think I have heard that St.John's Wort can"do funny things" to you,- a sort of poison. I will look it up. If he is obtaining something containing this from the net i would advise against, as none of the medications recommended on the net are necessarily good, or contain what they claim.
I hope you get some reief - it is difficult for carers, and if it is a mental problem there is so much stigma attachd that people find it difficutl to talk about.
Keep in cotact. Hope you get on O.K.

B

Blondie

Richard this must be taking a lot out of you to so I hope you are getting some support from friends or family in this.His behaviour does sound OTT and I do think he needs some form of help also.I wish you both well,keep us posted.

T

TherapyTribe

hi

i have read what u have written i must advice u that u just consult to some therapist.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C People 4
Faith198 People 2
P People 2