• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Advice for someone with Many disorders

R

randaloo

I have come hear to get some advice for my multiple disorders. First of all i have depression and anxiety witch ive learned to live with for the most part. but i also have trichotillomania and dermatillomania I also SH. I have misoponia , i get extremely enraged when i hear the noises people make while they eat and drink ( gulping , slurping etc) and other noises from the mouth. And I have intrusive thoughts witch is a type of ocd.
In my past i was SHing for several years and it every once and awhile ill relapse witch is disappointing for me.I also use to have eating disorders and have had a few suicide attempts, im happy i have survived btw :} but this brings me to my question, to those of you that have many disorders or had....is there any handy techniques to help calm or clear my mind since i have so many things that cloud my mind? or if not it would still be nice to talk to a community like this for support, people i can just relate to or just any advice at all:} im not interested in taking medications since ive damaged my liver severally . thanks for letting me have some of your time .

Last edited by a moderator:
Unique1

Unique1

Hi and welcome.
Like you I have many things that cloud my mind, the only way I seem to get any peace is to watch a good movie or a programme I really enjoy. I can't really read much anymore don't have that much concentration. I'm sure others on the forum will have some suggestions too. Hope you find the forum a help,I know I do. Some lovely people on here!!

X

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I sit and refresh the activity page here to help distract myself. Sad but true.

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
How rude of me, my bad. :welcome: randaloo

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Welcome to the forum Randaloo. :hi:

I'm glad to hear you're still with us. Sounds like this mental health malarkey has taken you to some really dark places..

This might not be your cup of tea, but have you tried any meditation techniques? I know some people hear meditation and immediately panic because it's something they "can't do", but there are all kinds of techniques to try.

Sometimes guided visualisations are nice. You can find clips on youtube and i'm sure you could also find MP3 downloads if you looked, but it's nice to have a voice talking you through the process of imagining yourself walking through a sunny woodland, for example.
Personally, I have a "Nature Noises" album and it's nice to put that on.. I think it's better through headphones, that way it blocks noise out and you only hear what you want.. and it'll chill me out.
I think I read somewhere that listening to nature noises (the ocean, birds singing, a babbling brook etc.) for 2 hours a day can have a massive impact on lowering stress levels.

Other things that work for me are doing something creative. If you're not very arty, buying a colouring book might be an idea. I have several books containing mandalas to colour in, which itself is considered a meditative process. Sewing and crafting helps, as does my pottery class.
Art journalling is another thing that helps me. The aim is to draw how you feel rather than find words. It's interesting to see the difference in colours and shapes I make from day to day.

Again, depending on how your mind works, I sometimes go onto online games. There's one game called Bookworm where you have to make words out of Scrable tiles against the clock. It's really good for distraction.

Oh and if that all fails, i'll come onto the forum and refresh the page like other people. :)

firoz

firoz

Thank you for sharing , I had such idea to do but I thought it isnt effective but I decide to do , thank you.i try