• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Advice for someone who is alone

V

Vee22

I would like advice on what to do when you're alone. When you dont have people to reach out to, when no one reaches out to you. When if you had to make up a list of people to invite to a special celebration and the only people you can think of are family. When you have no clue who is going to be your maid of honor let alone your bridesmaid. When the only notifications on your phone are emails from corporations reminding you of sales. What do you do when youre alone and have no one in your life that you can turn to for the stupid things. For the things that make you happy, and sad, and angry. For life. What do you do when youre alone.

Zackthemaniac

Zackthemaniac

When if you have family you're not completely alone. Joining forums and apps is good way to meet people ! Can always share here !

K

Keesha

I agree with Zack. You’ve got family so aren’t alone plus with modern technology, you have ALL of us to befriend. You lucky person you. 😁lol

K

Keesha

Plus these days you can take a course in cooking, painting, woodworking, clay pottery, horseback riding, yoga, water aerobics, gardening etc
They are a great place to meet people doing something you both enjoy already. You get a chance to see them for x number of weeks, giving you time to build up some type of potential connection and see how you get along without the any added pressure.

JaneChaos

JaneChaos

I sometimes like being alone, but that's when I have a choice between my own space and sharing it with others. Recently I've had few to share the space with and I've felt lonely. It sounds like you're feeling terribly lonely. I think winding up here is a great starting point to find feelings of connection, though I won't be picking a maid of honour yet.
:)

Bluebox11

Bluebox11

I would start doing hobbies, like painting, drawing, cooking, or play a certain sport, or playing video games. That would take the edge off your loneliness, distracting you for awhile. You have family which is good, at least that's someone you can talk to. And you have this forum where you can reach out.

Linda1989

Linda1989

Sometimes i read my bible and pray. I live with 6 family members but i still know how it feels because i have no friends or boyfriend to have fun with.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
W Advice needed for a relationship with someone suffering with severe depression Depression Forum 6
Gigglypuff sad inside So this is my life story. Can someone give me advice ? Depression Forum 2
P Need some serious advice Depression Forum 4
D Think my dad has depression (advice needed) Depression Forum 6
DistantOcean Advice for people with depression Depression Forum 7
S Advice Depression Forum 8
J Advice. Depression Forum 3
D Relationship Advice Depression Forum 7
I Advice please Depression Forum 8
L Depressed partner- seeking advice Depression Forum 5
I Work place bullying advice please Depression Forum 21
fluffydogs Advice for dragging myselt out of an episode? Depression Forum 16
F Mental health advice Depression Forum 2
P Asking for advice Depression Forum 3
T Advice for the depressed Depression Forum 24
H Frustrated with CBT, any advice? Depression Forum 3
M Girlfriend has depression and has pushed away. Need advice/support Depression Forum 2
T Advice for you on loniless and depression Depression Forum 5
SnowFairy00 Advice re medication - should I seek a second opinion? Depression Forum 8
MrBond007 Rejection advice? Depression Forum 5
moonperson vent/advice: I really can't stand myself and I don't want to like this person who I am. Depression Forum 14
L Would like some advice about feeling detached recently Depression Forum 1
Ladyfair I am asking for advice please. Depression Forum 9
K Advice Depression Forum 1
ineedabettername I’m in need of some serious life advice. 💢 What can I do? Depression Forum 5
jajingna Jordan Peterson: Advice for people with depression. Depression Forum 31
S Advice on Emotional Support Animals? Depression Forum 1
E Need advice Depression Forum 7
K Advice when feeling low Depression Forum 26
S Need some advice Depression Forum 4
M Need some advice for helping my partner Depression Forum 1
M Advice on how to overcome depression Depression Forum 8
E Very depressed and need advice Depression Forum 14
X Looking For Advice Depression Forum 8
Capt Hooke The Most Amazing Advice you had from a P-doc? Depression Forum 1
I Any advice on how to want to fight back? Depression Forum 12
L how can someone have EVERYTHING and the other have hardly ANYTHING Depression Forum 17
N Hope this helps someone Depression Forum 6
H How do I support someone with depression? Depression Forum 16
R I need someone to talk to if possible. Depression Forum 18
M Someone would like to talk by call sometime ? Depression Forum 3
A Need Someone to Talk To.... Depression Forum 6
L Living with Someone You Hate Depression Forum 18
E I just need someone to speak to... I’m really struggling and can’t talk to anyone else Depression Forum 15
J Hello All. Living with someone in depression Depression Forum 1
S Flirting with someone who's more successful than you Depression Forum 17
L does someone want to chat about SSRIs and failing meds? Depression Forum 5
Ladyfair NEED HELP SOMEONE PLEASE Depression Forum 8
L I just want someone to care.... Depression Forum 4
K How to help someone who has tried to commit suicide (two times) Depression Forum 6