• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Advice for Paranoid Personality Disorder

V

Vulture

Hi this is my first time posting on a forum before and I am honestly just looking for some help, I have recently learned < experience > that my girlfriend of two years has Paranoid Personality disorder. I talked to .. one of 5 different sides of her, there all named. have traits and has a certain look. hair, style, clothing,. and I always thought they were bad dreams because she always has dreams of them or one in particular. she does change when the past comes up or a girl that she doesn't know is mentioned and even though she knows I wouldn't hurt or cheat on her she distances her-self as if we just broke up. it happens almost every week and it causes a lot of stress on me and her. its becoming more serve and I'm scared that she will do something she cant take back whether it be action or words. I would love if someone could give me some personal experience, advice, or how to give her more peace of mind or how to help treat the visits.

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

Hi Vulture and welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear of your worries for your girlfriend. It must be difficult to cope with at times.

Just for clarification, she's been diagnosed with paranoid personality disorder but also exhibits five different personalities?

I've not experienced either of these (apart from paranoia during an episode) so can't give you personal advice. I would however recommend reading whatever you can about your girlfriend's illness. If you can understand it as much as possible, dealing with it should be easier. There's some good information here to get you started.

I hope it helps and that things improve for you both.

V

Vulture

Thank you. and yes. they grow and the die off. its odd but ive learned more about it. done research and are learning new ways of helping it. Thanks again

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
P Psychopath advice requested please Personality Disorders Forum 10
Lae Rose BPD and possibly ASPD couple - advice needed & venting Personality Disorders Forum 8
L Past relationship advice borderline personality Personality Disorders Forum 3
S Just been diagnosed with an emotionally unstable personality disorder - seeking advice of others with same Personality Disorders Forum 7
T have i got a personality disorder or just depression ?desperate for advice Personality Disorders Forum 5
H Seeking advice for my moods and possible PD diagnosis. Personality Disorders Forum 2
T Advice? Personality Disorders Forum 1
I Any advice from introverts please ? what should I do ? Personality Disorders Forum 5
A Advice to Help my Partner w/ OCPD Personality Disorders Forum 1
J Desperately seeking help and advice about lying - LONG Personality Disorders Forum 4
A Help advice needed Personality Disorders Forum 4
B New relationship advice Personality Disorders Forum 6
J Advice please. Personality Disorders Forum 5
R Need some advice Personality Disorders Forum 3
M Not sure if correct diagnosis - advice needed please Personality Disorders Forum 3
C Concerned for my mum! Any advice please Personality Disorders Forum 9
J Im scared I'm about to break my family up, desperately need advice Personality Disorders Forum 3
1 I need urgent advice for my "relative's" behavior Personality Disorders Forum 3
M confused by my boyfriends behaviour,NEED ADVICE!! Personality Disorders Forum 2
R Looking for advice Personality Disorders Forum 6
C Seeking advice for my grandmother Personality Disorders Forum 12
M Coping advice Personality Disorders Forum 6
M Advice please.. Personality Disorders Forum 5
G Advice Personality Disorders Forum 2
B *could really do with some help / advice please! Personality Disorders Forum 1
T Advice??? Personality Disorders Forum 1
S My 1st post, looking for advice, suggestions Personality Disorders Forum 1
M advice needed Personality Disorders Forum 2
S Urgent advice please Personality Disorders Forum 16
R im a parent of a bpd and ptsd sufferer and need advice please :( Personality Disorders Forum 3
A advice and thoughts please Personality Disorders Forum 13
Konifera Seeking General Advice. Personality Disorders Forum 1
C Hello, need some help+advice please, with someone...... Personality Disorders Forum 11
C Advice much needed from anyone please Personality Disorders Forum 4
K Help and advice from those with bpd Personality Disorders Forum 6
G getting it all wrong...again! Can anyone offer advice? Personality Disorders Forum 7
M Advice please x Personality Disorders Forum 5
B Need help/advice Personality Disorders Forum 5
G Wife's hatred of her narcissistic mother is becoming pathological and is damaging our relationship. Any advice? Personality Disorders Forum 2
T Advice on helping/dealing with extreme histrionic brother. Personality Disorders Forum 4
L in needof some advice! Personality Disorders Forum 1
J Hi i am a new member looking for advice.. Please! Personality Disorders Forum 12
J Concerned for Family Member, Need Advice on Resources Personality Disorders Forum 19
AndyfromScotland (Kinda urgent) Advice needed (Dilemma) Personality Disorders Forum 6
C my fked up crazy world :-( advice plz Personality Disorders Forum 13
H Been with someone for basically 8 years who has been diagnosed with Paranoia Personality Disorder (PPD) Need advice Personality Disorders Forum 9
A I need advice D: Personality Disorders Forum 2
pillzandskillz Advice about a Organisation - Hurting Personality Disorders Forum 1
M Need advice please. Personality Disorders Forum 3
S Advice needed on PPD Personality Disorders Forum 4