Advice for fundraising

A

angelflower

Hey, my son is signing up to go on a 4 week trip with Camps International to Borneo in 2020. He needs to raise over £4000, so is going to be busy fundraising.

I would love any advice/ideas about what he could do. Money has to be paid at regular times. We aren't in a position to pay it for him (not in the long term). We can pay it so long as we get it back with his fundraising.

I really want to be able to help him with fundraising, but not actually pay the money as the whole point is for him to be as independent as possible.

Thanks for reading. xxxx

Last edited:
R_Sxo

R_Sxo

Hey angelflower,

That's great to hear - a few ideas for fundraising could be:

Asking people! Simple, but effective - talk to people about he's doing and how he's raising money for that cause. There are always some nice people willing to give some money to a good cause!

Hosting an event. This might be a bake sale, a charity dinner, or a small charity concert (I know they are big ideas, but it's a big amount of money to raise!). People like events, and will pay for a good charity event! Be aware that only profits would go to the fund, so make sure that the pricing and costs are managed well.

Marathon/bike ride. A classic fundraiser, doing a marathon for the cause or doing a long bike ride for the cause is a popular attraction for raising funds.

Just a few ideas - hope it goes well!x

Much love <3

A

angelflower

Hey angelflower,

That's great to hear - a few ideas for fundraising could be:

Asking people! Simple, but effective - talk to people about he's doing and how he's raising money for that cause. There are always some nice people willing to give some money to a good cause!

Hosting an event. This might be a bake sale, a charity dinner, or a small charity concert (I know they are big ideas, but it's a big amount of money to raise!). People like events, and will pay for a good charity event! Be aware that only profits would go to the fund, so make sure that the pricing and costs are managed well.

Marathon/bike ride. A classic fundraiser, doing a marathon for the cause or doing a long bike ride for the cause is a popular attraction for raising funds.

Just a few ideas - hope it goes well!x

Much love <3
Much apprecitated lovely. Yes, is definitely a big amount of money to raise :) Even small amounts add up. We went to the supermarket to cash in a tin a loose change, and that raised £40 with no effort. 6 months worth. xxxx

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Can you create a just giving page, my cousins son did this recently for help with his sports training.
Take care

A

angelflower

Hey thanks for your reply. Is it something that ties into one event, or can it be used to fundraise over the next 2 years? xxxx

L

letmein

Try creating a gofundme page. Good luck!
hey, you could try getting something on local radio or the papers once just giving is set up....... also I know a lad who raised a lot of his through local sponsorship, local firms would donate 25£ here an d there, he also took on a part time job.

its hard as others locally will be doing the same, but best of luck.