• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

• Safety Notice: This section on Psychiatric Drugs/Medications enables people to share their personal experiences of using such drugs/medications. Always seek the advice of your doctor, psychiatrist or other qualified health professional before making any changes to your medications or with any questions you may have regarding drugs/medications. In considering coming off psychiatric drugs it is very important that you are aware that most psychiatric drugs can cause withdrawal reactions, sometimes including life-threatening emotional and physical withdrawal problems. In short, it is not only dangerous to start taking psychiatric drugs, it can also be dangerous to stop them. Withdrawal from psychiatric drugs should only be done carefully under experienced clinical supervision.

ADVICE - Changing SSRI hours

Louizard

Louizard

My newly assigned psychiatrist suggested I take Paroxetine(SSRI) at night/9pm instead of 9am, so I can take it along with my 9pm Lithium.

I did, and I felt bad tremors and anxiety all night long. No drops in my mood though, thankfully enough.

Do you think the time switch was the cause? Do you suggest I keep taking the SSRI at night until I get used to it, or rather switch back?

Any advice is really appreciated !

L

Lizaje

Maybe it's because you've started paroxetine recently. If I were you I'd try again a few times.

Louizard

Louizard

Maybe it's because you've started paroxetine recently. If I were you I'd try again a few times.
I didn't explain myself now that I look at it- I started paroxetine about one year ago or so, and it never gave me any issues (nausea aside). That's why i'm a little perplexed

W

Wanttofeelpeace5

personal preference i think . i used to always take it at night then swapped to morning but have switched back (i like the idea of sleeping on it and waking up completly processed in my system

L

Lizaje

I didn't explain myself now that I look at it- I started paroxetine about one year ago or so, and it never gave me any issues (nausea aside). That's why i'm a little perplexed
OK, I'd still try again if I were you, but you're really the best to decide.