Advice, again please

Luci

Luci

Hi all :) hope everyone is feeling well today ♡
So I've been doing a lot of thinking and understanding myself since I got my diagnosis and joined the forum (I have all of you to thank for that :thanks:)
I've always been interested in mental health nursing as a career and have a wealth of professional experience and personal experience that would make this an excellent fit for me.
My local university is now offering a 'top up' course for people with degrees in other health and social careers and experience. A year long course that would enable me to take a masters in general nursing or a speciality (mental health in my case). I have applied in the past to train to be a nurse (when it was funded by the NHS) but did not have as much experience professionally and certainly not personally.
I plan to 'register my interest' in this course to start in a different academic year (I have too much going on to focus on something as important as study right now).
I am thinking in the meantime that I will look into starting a childrens mental health group or possibly charity in my area to work in conjunction with the local authority and people in the community. I have a plan and people who could help/support me with this through previous professional relationships.
Anyway, does anyone think I am being impulsive or unrealistic? That I have come back to this focus because of my recent personal trauma?
TIA ♡

Lunus

Lunus

Hi all :) hope everyone is feeling well today ♡
So I've been doing a lot of thinking and understanding myself since I got my diagnosis and joined the forum (I have all of you to thank for that :thanks:)
I've always been interested in mental health nursing as a career and have a wealth of professional experience and personal experience that would make this an excellent fit for me.
My local university is now offering a 'top up' course for people with degrees in other health and social careers and experience. A year long course that would enable me to take a masters in general nursing or a speciality (mental health in my case). I have applied in the past to train to be a nurse (when it was funded by the NHS) but did not have as much experience professionally and certainly not personally.
I plan to 'register my interest' in this course to start in a different academic year (I have too much going on to focus on something as important as study right now).
I am thinking in the meantime that I will look into starting a childrens mental health group or possibly charity in my area to work in conjunction with the local authority and people in the community. I have a plan and people who could help/support me with this through previous professional relationships.
Anyway, does anyone think I am being impulsive or unrealistic? That I have come back to this focus because of my recent personal trauma?
TIA ♡
It doesn’t seem impulsive at all, you have thought things through. It certainly shouldn’t be unrealistic either as you have a lot of value to bring to the role. I’d register your interest and see how things go.