• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Adult Separation Anxiety

H

heygirlhey

Hi ya’ll, I’m new here and simply wanted to post here to one, get this all out and two, to see if it was even a possibility someone else might know how I feel.

I am 23, lesbian and happily married to my wife. We have been married almost a year now and I have absolute terrible anxiety when she’s not around. All I can think about when she’s not is the next time I’ll be with her. It’s a constant thought floating in the back of my mind even when I’m trying so hard to stay busy and occupied so I am not wrapped up in the idea of being alone. When I am alone all I want to do is lay in bed and listen to guided meditations to try and relax.
It’s the worst when she has to leave for work or vice versus. I actually find myself crying after she leaves for the day and when I get up really early in the morning for my own job it’s like a sense of dread and anxiety just takes over. It sounds childish but all I want in those moments is for she to hold me. Climbing into bed at night with her is probably my favorite part of the day because she can snuggle up to me and we’re there together. It’s peaceful for me. I work 13 hour shifts 2-3 days in a row and the weekends I do work while she’s at home are torture for me. I don’t even care what we do when we’re together whether that’s chores or anything else that needs done but my world is complete and calm when I know we get time together more than just an hour.

I’ve talked with her about how I feel and I know she thinks it’s ridiculous because she’s a very independent person and doesn’t mind the time alone. She doesn’t mind to be away from me for work and tells me it’s just time to grow up and understand we have to work to pay bills and have our lives but I sometimes wish I could be unemployed and be able to be home more so I’m there whenever she gets there.

I’m sorry to go on and on but I feel alone and I just need some kind of advice about how to cope with this 😞

thanks all!

R

Rlizzy123

Hi there! I’m so sorry to hear you are going through this!
You obviously love her very much! That’s amazing.She obviously loves you too.
I have anxiety and I’ve been with my boyfriend for 3 years now and we have hardly ever spent time away from each other (other than being at work) I sometimes like my own company but sometimes I feel the way you feel. Because as soon as he leaves that’s when all the negative thoughts come creeping in, he usually distracts me from these thoughts.
I dont think your childish for feeling this way. And I doubt she thinks youre being ridiculous, I think you should maybe ask her to sit down and have a serious talk with her and tell her exactly how you are feeling (only if you are comfortable with this) I’m so sorry and I hope I’ve been able to be some help to you.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
T Abandonment issues/separation anxiety? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
S Tremors and muscle trembling from anxiety? Sad and scared! Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 1
B Anxiety Hypochondriasis and Agoraphobia Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 5
R Crippling anxiety Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 47
R Severe anxiety triggered by my children’s health Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 4
R The Difficulties of Anxiety and Depression Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 8
R Anxiety through the roof Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 4
S Differentiating Anxiety and Attention Deficit Disorder- Inattentive Type Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 1
Midnight.Panda Bad anxiety about everything Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 8
J Who to talk to about my anxiety? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
K I feel so alone with anxiety Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 3
M Broken glass Anxiety, please help Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
B Acute anxiety Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 3
FloofyPuppers Pristiq for Anxiety Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
dogmom Anxiety is back. Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 3
S Does anyone get Physical Symptoms due to anxiety. Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 11
I Healthy anxiety anybody have cherry angiomas Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 3
Jam1990 Generalized Anxiety that leads to paranoia Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 5
J Am I the only one on the planet or do others also experience occasional pain in heart for a second, centre of chest with ecotpics with anxiety? ? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 5
L Please help me, I reached breaking point again. (VERY LONG TW:ANXIETY, SUICIDE, DPD) Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
E This anxiety right now is silly Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 8
G I have a cure for anxiety think I can help you IMO Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 15
G Anxiety in my chest feels like a craving Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 11
Faith198 When did you realize you were suffering with anxiety? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 17
M Public speaking anxiety linked with childhood trauma? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
S do i have anxiety Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
A Anxiety is suffocating me... Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 1
S Anxiety and what it feels like to you Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 6
S Anxiety and eye floaters Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 34
H Anxiety ruining my days Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 4
Boudicca Anxiety ruining my stomach. Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 6
E Acne due to anxiety Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 4
P Anxiety Disorder without feeling anxious or panic? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 8
A Anxiety/Corona and shopping Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 3
A Anxiety/friendships Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
J Anxiety Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
A Anxiety over heat Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 6
Hello513 I am getting sever anxiety right now Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 5
S Health Anxiety please help Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
J i need relief! taking a sleep pill for anxiety! Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 84
G Burning skin anxiety panic attacks body feels like in fire in bed at night Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 8
G Anxiety tricking me into thinking I am agoraphobic Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
A Anyone else try to shun use of social media to help Anxiety? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 17
G Anxiety panic attacks struggling Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 12
malika getting anxious in a an anxiety disorder forum Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 3