• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Adult ADHD: how do yous cope

• Thread starter Kavaris_Valiant_One
  • Start date
Kavaris_Valiant_One

Kavaris_Valiant_One

Ever since my 1st anxiety encounter, and my subsequent schizophrenia diagnosis; ive also gone through, and continue to experience, a severe on-going case of some sortve hyper inability to focus, or Adult ADHD i believe is what it would be seen as.
Growing up, this was foreign to me. I had known children with ADD as it was referred to back then, and i felt, theres no way i would ever be like them... O how wrong i was.... As life took an unexpected turn, i found myself in their shoes.
So how do yous manage these types of symptoms, an inability to focus on anything, like, hyperactive disorder. What even is ADHD, as ive not been handled for it, i just know its become an issue that im waiting to deal with when it comes time to during my Mental Health appointments.

A

AlrightOkay

I just live for today worried about tomorrow regretting yesterday. Others company is important to me. I notice that being around people I trust is helpful, from childhood i recognise that going out to play was something I loved doing to escape.

00Bluejay7500 (was Scapes1986)

00Bluejay7500 (was Scapes1986)

I had adhd awhiles ago. I think I took meds for it and felt better got good grades and made smart decisions... I felt good 😌 prior to my mental illness

🔷

R

rawlinsc

I got diagnosed with ADHD recently but I think it is just a symptom of bipolar or overlap. But the ADHD med is helping me lose weight so I would like to stay on it.