• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

We are an actively moderated forum. We work hard to keep the forum safe.

To access many more features and forums please register now

Admission date given i really feel like doing a runner

J

Jassy1981

Iv been given my admission daye for monday for anorexia nervosa im so scared i really dont want to go in they say if i dont go they will go for a section but my head is telling me not to go monday is so close

JessisMe

JessisMe

Everything will be fine I’m sure. You will make new friends and get support for your health for a bit. Everything will be provided for you for awhile so you don’t have to worry. Think of it as a small vacation. It is always better to do these things voluntarily also because if you do them involuntarily you are likely to be kept a longer time.

J

Jassy1981

Thanks for your message i no voluntary is better as i have been told it will be a section if i didnt go this is why i felt like i needed to leave my home address,i just feel im going to be the biggest person there and the oldest and it will mk me feel so worried, i dont deseve to be there because there are many people who are actually ill and need that bed more then me

JessisMe

JessisMe

Thanks for your message i no voluntary is better as i have been told it will be a section if i didnt go this is why i felt like i needed to leave my home address,i just feel im going to be the biggest person there and the oldest and it will mk me feel so worried, i dont deseve to be there because there are many people who are actually ill and need that bed more then me
I am a bigger person too so I understand how you could feel afraid this way. Right now you have an illness that deserves to be treated just as much as anyone else. Running will only make things harder. You can do this for yourself and for the people who care about you. Everything might be scary now. All that matters is your health and getting the support you need to help you get better, nothing else. :hug:

Faith198

Faith198

I believe you should go as someone else said, it will be good for your physical and emotional health. I know it’s hard but sometimes we need help. I’ll keep you in my thoughts :hug: we’ll be waiting here for you when you’re out:hug:

J

Jassy1981

I believe you should go as someone else said, it will be good for your physical and emotional health. I know it’s hard but sometimes we need help. I’ll keep you in my thoughts :hug: we’ll be waiting here for you when you’re out:hug:
Thank you i really happy for the support as i aint got none with family as my dad just says im mental and its all in my stupid head 😢

Faith198

Faith198

Thank you i really happy for the support as i aint got none with family as my dad just says im mental and its all in my stupid head 😢
I’m so sorry and of course, I’m glad I could be supportive. My dad is the same way, I know what you mean :hug: :low:

G

george81

Hi Jassy1981 good to hear from you, I really hope you find this admission useful and are able to see a way to break free from your illness, you deserve to have a good life and enjoy food and take pleasure from it. Food means so much more nowadays, it's a social event and a way to connect with family and friends by sitting down and sharing a meal with them, I think this illness has already sucked so much joy from you and you deserve so much more. Please take care and keep in touch, we want to hear good things from you. I know this illness is stopping me enjoying foods I used to and is causing problems and I don't want that for you. Big hugs :grouphug:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Eating Disorders Forum 11