Admin work.

burt tomato

burt tomato

Forum Guide
I think I could be happy doing this sort of thing. Like the bloke who ticked off all my courses at the Recovery College. He probably has a spreadsheet, and just ticks them off. And in a nice office. This sort of job would suit me.

Maybe I could impress them with my Excel skills too.

Not that I have a job or anything, just saying it could suit me.

I think it would be low stress, and the admin side would be therapeutic. Sort of logically sorting things out, like a building a lego set.

M

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I think if you like people on your own and like to be organized and also like reading the same thing it's a good idea :) x

Jaminacaranda

Jaminacaranda

Have you tried signing on to agencies that deal with admin work Burt? Both my son and his girlfriend did and they both got some work out of it. Yeah, some of that work was a bit crap (my son got a job with the Treasury that was just filing but he got paid £9 an hour. It only lasted four weeks - lol - the branch he was working in was a victim of government cuts)

My son's girlfriend spent several years doing admin work for an agency and now she has a permanent full-time job with the NHS arranging non-emergency ambulances for hospital patients.

burt tomato

burt tomato

Forum Guide
I am not looking for work at the minute. I check out the opportunities in my old field from time to time. I am taking some courses at the recovery college to do with employment. Probably the most interesting part will be talking to other people in a similar boat.

C

Crazy Lady In Stanton

I would like to work too, but not in admin. If I could stand for long periods of time without severe pain, I would get a job at a restaurant called In & Out. They offer good pay and medical benefits. Then I might be able to save up enough money for college. It was always my dream to finish college.

D

daydreambeliever39

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I used to do admin, it's not too bad but offices are full of gossip and you don't want people being nasty about your mental health. Some people can be quite nasty in offices. I did have a bad experience but in another admin job where you were helping people back to work it was rewarding to see people happy and was good for my mental health too. Luckily my workmates were ok with my ocd and that helped. But I wouldn't tell anyone at work about it normally. There are a lot of ignorant people out there. Trust me. I've worked with them.