• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Addicted to playing games on my mobile phone

S

singsongfun

Just saw this new forum and thought I would post.
Is anyone else addicted to mobile phone games? I am not addicted to a clinical level, I think anyway. But still, I feel a constant desire to download and play mobile phone games (not gambling ones). I even play them when I am with others.
It is unhealthy.

O

Orangeade

I feel like im getting addicted to this forum. Is there anything you can do to distract yourself? Or are using mobile games as a way to distract yourself from something?

S

singsongfun

Thanks. Probably using mobile games to distract myself from life.

S

singsongfun

I take Aripiprazole antipsychotic. Yes mobile games are good thanks 😊

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

I'm generally not interested in games now because I have no interest or enjoyment in stuff due to my depression and anxiety, but I used to be a bit of a "gamer" from age 13 to 20. Waaaay back. So I've been there, done that.

I DID become addicted to the Kim Kardashian game a few years ago on my phone. I actually had to forcibly remove the app as I realised I'd spent $200 of my own real money on it. lol

O

Orangeade

I'm generally not interested in games now because I have no interest or enjoyment in stuff due to my depression and anxiety, but I used to be a bit of a "gamer" from age 13 to 20. Waaaay back. So I've been there, done that.

I DID become addicted to the Kim Kardashian game a few years ago on my phone. I actually had to forcibly remove the app as I realised I'd spent $200 of my own real money on it. lol
Omg i got addicted to that kim kardashian game too!

NoNameRequired

NoNameRequired

A gaming addiction section, I wasn't expecting that one.

I used to download a lot of emulators and play classic and not so classic games of a lot of consoles, but my tablet died and now I cannot play anything ever again. I wouldn't say I was addicted but as a guy who's only constant interest in life has been video games, it sure affects me.

E

EclipticNight

Well, if gaming is a disorder I need no order lol. 80% of my life is through games, though not mobile ones. Don't know what I'd do without it.

Lone_wanderer

Lone_wanderer

I am a video game junkie, compared to my previous and sometimes ongoing addictions to booze and drugs addictions it is a lot less destructive.