• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Acute anxiety

B

BTary

Hi. I understand this may be complex. My mother is suffering from chronic anxiety and hypochondria. She has been prescribed stablon twice a day, lexamil once a day and Xanor at night. Plus she has been prescribed herbal meds. I feel this may be too much. She is 81 and is a cardiac patient with high bp.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I think you are right to be concerned for her physical health. Were they all prescribed by the same doctor? It is often dangerous to mix herbal and prescribed medication for even a young person.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Stablon is an antidepressant, as is Lexamil, and i don't think we are supposed to take two types as they can interact. That is a worry.

Xanor is for short term use only, and we often will only have approx 7 days of them in this country. Most doctors do not prescribe them at all. Can you call her doctor on her behalf or speak to a pharmacist?

As i said too, mixing herbal and prescribed can be dangerous.

N

natalie

I think for acute anxiety, you ought to recommend to the doctor, Pregabalin. I take 75ml of Pregabalin a day, t wice daily being the official dose, though I can just have 1 if i'm not feeling t oo anxious. This is a marvellous med to take.

The two meds, mentioned, are the wrong sort for anxiety, I think that you ought to return to the doctor and advise these two meds are for depression, antidpressants, and not for anxity.

Or seek a 2nd opinon from a different doctor if you are able to.