• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Activist

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i don't define myself as hearing voices "he experiences people talking about him in public places, but i can't comment more other than to say he copes well with everyday activities" what i hear i find supportive and it helps me make sense of things, yes when i got into trouble for shaking a kid harrassing me what i heard was extremely pursecutory but after the jeremy bulgor case the voices went on my side as i said to that psychiatrist if they're voices they have a london acent

D

Deliah

Explain what you mean about the voices having a London accent. Do mean, you weren't sure if they were voices in your head or real ones? D xx

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
Explain what you mean about the voices having a London accent. Do mean, you weren't sure if they were voices in your head or real ones? D xx
i'm a bit confused i tend to the idea that the voices i hear are real, until i had my ears syringed i wasn't hearing anything, but thats a symptom

One psychologist said the question isn't whether people are talking about you in the pub it's why you notice it

Last psychiatrist said if you make yourself noticed you will be discussed, i think she was looking for an excuse to close my case, and it'd be harder to justify if i hear voices

I don't know my theory is they can be real voices but still hearing voices

FRom what i gather thats one of the differences between american and british psychiatry, in america it's hearing voices and in america more people are diagnosed as a result

I suspect if i came off meds the question would be moot i'd hear voices undoubtedly, they'd bother me, maybe be command voices etc