• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

acting on violent urges

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I've been getting worse, i don't want to go into detail as its embarrassing and shameful but ive been in touch with a shrink. I think from what I read 'regressive anger' best explains me as I rage and am now acting on urges. Has anyone got any experience of a similar situation? I'm being sent something to read and shell phone me back in two weeks to discuss where to go with me. I cant do group therapy which she suggested. I just don't know what options I've got and i don't want too far. I havent told her or my gp about the violence, just said I get angry but not really anymore.
I hope this makes sense and any advice would be much appreciated.

RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

hi i hope it goes well with you psych :)

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Thanks but i got a long wait til / if they decide I can have one after my next telephone interview :/

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nothing else seems to help so i can only hope it will but i doubt they'll set anything up if im honest.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

It's frustrating that you're not being offered help, especially as you're acknowledging your problem and wanting help.
Is the reason you're not wanting to do the group therapy because you're scared of what other people might think? If so, there are rules and confidentiality agreements. I know it's easy me saying that, but it might be something that could support you.
Are you in a financial position to seek your own help?
I go to a low-cost counselling clinic and it's helped me more than quite a few NHS workers i've had.

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Id struggle to talk to someone just me and them, with a room full of people i wouldn't talk. I just can't do any sort of public speaking.
Its probably my fault for not telling them but they didn't ask and I hate telephone talking too, in fact any talking about me.
She said she wanted to find the right counselling for me which I'd imagine will be anger management.

P

Piano12345

I have local anger management group sessions available in my city. I wonder if you could look into those specifically. You would have others that have similar challenges to help you work through yours. Best of luck to you! Hugs!

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
The problem is people then. I dont handle talking in front a group let alone about personal issues I can't even bring myself to tell my gp about. I've been put on a waiting list for CBT but I'm told by the very unhelpful dr I had Itll be about 4 months.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
blog15 Anxiety Forum 0