• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

acid stomach top tip

T

twin keck

i suffer with wicked acid stomach caused through the anxiety and the meds. i was on lansoparole for years until my gp wanted me to have a camera down my throat. there was no way i was having that done! so i went it alone. i was spending a fortune on ranitidine gaviscon zantac etc. so by chance i was surfing the net and i googled natural remadies. and it said to try liqourise tablets. i went up to holland and barret and brought chewable liqourise extract tablets for £7.99 for 100 (bargain!).i chewed 1 20 minutes before my lunch as it said and would you believe they work! that was a week ago and my stomach is fine not a peak out of it.give it a try it worked for me!(y)

Prince Buster

Prince Buster

I have suffered from appaling acid reflux for the last three years - I have written about it at length elsewhere here. I had the camera down my throat three years ago and it was found that I had some scar tissue.

I was prescribed lanso at the time and it did nothing. After spending a fortune on Gaviscon I asked my GP for it a few weeks ago and it cured it instantly.

iffybob

iffybob

My tips

1. the liqourise - they do some sweets called "Pontifract Cake", its a real strong version of liqourise, 1 or 2 of them, they are real cheep.

2. Coco - I have had an iccky stomoch for years, I find 1 mug of coco a day helps a 'lot',

to make, 1 heeped tea-spoon of coco powder in a dry cup, 2 t-spoons of sugar, mix round to break up the coco powder, add boiling water, and milk, and stire each time before you drink.
PS - I do mean Coco powder, drinking chocolate does not work ...!

I dont know why the coco works, it just does........ ?

T

Twylight

Omneprazole - Capsules

The're superb !!
Available on prescription
Take one or two at night - Bliss...