• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

acid stomach top tip

T

twin keck

i suffer with wicked acid stomach caused through the anxiety and the meds. i was on lansoparole for years until my gp wanted me to have a camera down my throat. there was no way i was having that done! so i went it alone. i was spending a fortune on ranitidine gaviscon zantac etc. so by chance i was surfing the net and i googled natural remadies. and it said to try liqourise tablets. i went up to holland and barret and brought chewable liqourise extract tablets for £7.99 for 100 (bargain!).i chewed 1 20 minutes before my lunch as it said and would you believe they work! that was a week ago and my stomach is fine not a peak out of it.give it a try it worked for me!(y)

Prince Buster

Prince Buster

I have suffered from appaling acid reflux for the last three years - I have written about it at length elsewhere here. I had the camera down my throat three years ago and it was found that I had some scar tissue.

I was prescribed lanso at the time and it did nothing. After spending a fortune on Gaviscon I asked my GP for it a few weeks ago and it cured it instantly.

iffybob

iffybob

My tips

1. the liqourise - they do some sweets called "Pontifract Cake", its a real strong version of liqourise, 1 or 2 of them, they are real cheep.

2. Coco - I have had an iccky stomoch for years, I find 1 mug of coco a day helps a 'lot',

to make, 1 heeped tea-spoon of coco powder in a dry cup, 2 t-spoons of sugar, mix round to break up the coco powder, add boiling water, and milk, and stire each time before you drink.
PS - I do mean Coco powder, drinking chocolate does not work ...!

I dont know why the coco works, it just does........ ?

T

Twylight

Omneprazole - Capsules

The're superb !!
Available on prescription
Take one or two at night - Bliss...