• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

acid reflux

C

cally75

Hi. Not so much a mental problem but can anyone recommend anything for acid reflux? Nothings helping! The pains terrible (alcohol & cigs maybe not helpful!)

I'm in court in 3 days. Hope it clears up by then
Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

drink ice water. it should cool it down.

C

cally75

Hi brat mate. This frosty jacks shit can't be doing stomach much good! Not eating cos I throw everything back up. Not sleeping either cos have to sleep sitting up! It's not ideal situation

tabbykitten

tabbykitten

antacid tablets can ease the problem short term but speak to GP if the symptoms don’t clear. Worth being aware though that the condition can be made worse with stress and anxiety

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

I really feel for you.
I had terrible acid reflux and ended up going to the out of hours GP because I couldn't stand it. In the end I got prescribed medication for it.

Ice cold water, yes. I also found yoghurt helped soothe things a bit.
Also, try laying down on your left - I don't quite understand precisely why that helps but it's to do with where everything's located in your abdomen... lying on your right hand side makes reflux worse and left hand eases it a bit.

Hopefully it's just a bad episode and will ease of once you've got the stress of the court out of the way with.
But I would consider seeing a GP.

Not sure if you're on meds but some medications (quetiapine, for me) makes acid reflux really bad.

T

Topcat

Can get Ranitidine (sp?) from chemists.
Works differently to antacids, but not as strong as a prescription (which might be an idea).

A

Alienated

I use about teaspoon of baking soda in 1/2 cup warm water. Drink it while it's still fizzing... You will feel real bloated for about 30 seconds, and burp a good one.. With in a few minutes you should feel allot better.

Baking soda neutrilizes acids fast, and safe. Most anti-acids are made of it.

L

lovagemuffin

ok frosty jacks will be damaging your stomach lining and oesophagus if you have to drink NEVER drink yhat if you have to drink drink cheap larger instead.

C

cally75

I tried rennie, Gaviscon & even buscopan. Nothing worked. Mind you, I do drink & smoke everyday & really bad diet ( I eat once a day, some days nothing!) I know it's down to drinking on empty stomach. I was just seeing if you guys agree. It's not good. Need to change diet. Right now I can't keep anything down