Acid Reflux? Info needed please.

F

Fancyharm

Have a very sore throat and I can hardly speak. I am just about totally fed up of this. Roll on 27th when I can get to the doctors.

Last night was bad. I just kept coughing.

I feel worn out from the last three weeks of this.

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

just a random question but how are your teeth? have you had anything happening with your wisdom teeth.

F

Fancyharm

I had a wisdom tooth out two years ago. I'm still struggling, I'm not sleeping much tonight.

F

Fancyharm

Lansoprazole tablets have been prescribed.

I am hoping it works, she said 7 to 14 days for it to work. I just hope I get more sleep tonight.

fazza

fazza

Lansoprazole worked wonders for me. My reflux was caused by taking risperidone. As soon as I came off it the problems went and I stopped taking the Lansoprazole.

F

Fancyharm

Hi Fazza

What was the Lansoprazole dose you took if you don't mind me asking.

I am on day 6 of 2 x 15 mg a day. I am better, no pain but still a sore throat and the cracking voice. How long did your voice take to get better?

F

Fancyharm

I am now on esomprazole. 40 mg twice a day. The reflux is still giving me a sore throat and a cough also my voice keeps you going. I am really struggling with the intense coughing and choking. I have taken one esomprazole and I really hope that this medication doesn't take long to kick in. Any advice woukd be welcome.

F

Fancyharm

Esomerapzole stopped working on day 9. Been back to doctors and I am now on esomerapzole and ritadine and pepcid antacid. Up all night again, coughing until I choke. Throat is very sore and I am swallowing air. There is just no end to it. Why do the drugs stop working after a week? So on the latest cocktail I am now told it will take a week to kick in again.

F

Fancyharm

Medication seems to have kicked in, I am now on day 6.

I still have a bit of a croaky voice, but as I can sleep now without waking up 5 times a night, I can live with the croaky voice for another couple of weeks to see if the medication works.

I am just about getting my confidence back with falling asleep and eating. This will be the third time that has happened only for the medication to stop working a week after. Let's hope that this time the medication carries on working.

Thanks for the support on this, I have really needed it.

K

ken979

I have acid reflux too. You need to buy a wedge pillow for starters and change your diet completely. I would take a look at William Davis "wheat belly diet" book and Johnathan Wright book "why stomach acid is good for you" Take a look at the amazon com reviews. These 2 books will relieve your symtoms quickly.

These 2 books will do but the last one would be Gut and Psychology by Natasha Campbell-McBride if you want to improve your health further. If you have acid reflux, you have gut problems as well

I'm sorry for recommending so many books but I wish someone told me which books to read earlier.

I tried h2 blockers and proton pump inhibitors. It made my digestion worst. I now take hcl with pepsins to digest my food.

Your might need some b12 vitamin injection or tablets, if you feel fatigue. I recommend to stop eating wheat or cut as much wheat as you can. You can watch Wheat Belly diet on youtube to get a favour for what your diet should look like.

I recommend bone broth and organic cow liver. Cow liver once a week for b12 and other b complex's. Bone broth from cow or pork to help digestion. I buy kefir from my local polish shop. It has probotics. Sauerkraut has probotics too.

If there is certain vegables you can not digest, consider getting a juicer. Too much fiber from veg can cause consipation because of low stomach acid in the belly. I have just started this so can not recommend what books to read. I would pick and research on amazon.

Get a endoscopy or a transnasal endoscopy to see how loose your lower esophageal sphincter is. If its really bad, you might need surgery.

I read jonathan aviv: acid watcher diet and can not recommend it for long term. It helped in the short run but caused digestion problems for me. There are some good tips in there to help symtoms in the short run.

Good luck and hope you get well soon :)

NesterJones

NesterJones

Wandering around and found this, was curious if it ever got better for you?

I've had similar issues. I've not had IBS but I've got a variety of esophageal problems and for the longest time couldn't swallow most foods properly without it getting lodged in my throat. A 20,000$ ER visit and surgery later I learned nothing of it and had multiple doctors warning me of a huge variety of possbilities. Turns out my acid reflux was causing inflammation and closing my throat up. I've been omeprazole (still can't spell it)/generic Prilosec for 6 months now and it's improved quite a bit. I had to severely cut back on anything that would set my acid off. Garlic, juice, certain milk products, spice, grease, chocolate. I know it sounds stereotypical to list all that but I can say that with meds and cutting down on a lot of the trash food (even if it's delicious) has really helped. Especially not eating before you go to sleep. Like up to 6 hours before. If I so much as miss a day I instantly regret it. But it's worth it getting a full night of rest without waking up puking blood from the acid eating away my throat.

F

Fancyharm

Hi

I have tablets so it is under control. But it is still happening without the tablets. I need an endoscopy but I am only tomorrow 6 weeks post op from an eye operation. So I am not going back to hospital yet.

It is an awful thing without medication.

I am glad you are better.

K

ken979

Wandering around and found this, was curious if it ever got better for you?

I've had similar issues. I've not had IBS but I've got a variety of esophageal problems and for the longest time couldn't swallow most foods properly without it getting lodged in my throat. A 20,000$ ER visit and surgery later I learned nothing of it and had multiple doctors warning me of a huge variety of possbilities. Turns out my acid reflux was causing inflammation and closing my throat up. I've been omeprazole (still can't spell it)/generic Prilosec for 6 months now and it's improved quite a bit. I had to severely cut back on anything that would set my acid off. Garlic, juice, certain milk products, spice, grease, chocolate. I know it sounds stereotypical to list all that but I can say that with meds and cutting down on a lot of the trash food (even if it's delicious) has really helped. Especially not eating before you go to sleep. Like up to 6 hours before. If I so much as miss a day I instantly regret it. But it's worth it getting a full night of rest without waking up puking blood from the acid eating away my throat.
Yes i got better :) I can drink milk again. Yes same symptoms as you. It all got cure when I combined all the books I mention above. I had a endoscopy done finally, waited so long for the doctors, uk is free but had to wait 3 years. I have hiatus hernia and acid reflux combined. The hiatus hernia is about 2 centimetres, so lucky no surgery. I don't know if this will ever recover fully but I can sleep with out a wedge pillow, my pillow was 12 centimetres. If I eat late then I sleep on a wedge just incase.

I went on holiday and eat some bad foods for 5 days, I even had some icecream :). I still need to take my supplements Johnathan w Wright recommended. This is with every meal. I don't skip on this. No symptoms came back while I was travelling. 80 percent of you meal had to be clean but in the beginning it has to be 100 percent, wheat belly diet.

If you are at home, cook wheat belly diet as much as possible.

I'm back on bone broth and eating my kale. Once you digestion becomes good, you must eat lots of vegetables with the natural fiber. Until then you need to juice.

Bone broth and juicing for fast healing. Bone broth can heal the gut quickly. The stomach acid doesn't have to brake down water. Read Dr. Kellyann's Bone Broth Diet or youtube it.

I recommend doctor berg on youtube. He sells expensive supplements so read youtube comments to find alternative. He is just so knowledgeable and a master of the body.

It take me about 6 hours to digest as well. I also do intermittent fasting, a 16 hour fast. I have a 8 hour eating window. I finish around 5 or 6. You can drink bone broth all the way to when you brush your teeth. You will need something to strain the meat if after 6 or 7. It is still considered fasting, I recommend the complete guide to fasting by David Fung.

You have to take your health in your own hands, doctors can not help you that much. They don't know about fasting, wheat belly diet, hcl with pepsins (doctors do not make money if you take this) b12 vitamins, apple cider vinger, bone broth, vegeables, organ meats (we only eat muscle meats).