• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Accidentally triggered myself, I guess... Continuation of problems with best friend.

sab

sab

Out of boredom or whatever other reason (I don't know what I was thinking) I posted anonymous post question on social site asking how to know if someone doesn't want to talk with others and one of answers was 'late replies and being cold' which is totally my friend now. So now I'm overthinking again. What if it's true? Why they won't be honest with me? Most of my friendships ended like that, because people couldn't be honest and rather torment me mentally than talk like adults so I ended deleting them. Myself I'm in not good place and I'm exhausted.

Giving them space seems the only option, besides deleting and moving on but from my experiences this friendship is already lost.

I don't know why even posting this. Just needed to get this off my chest.

It's only sad, because I have no one else and attempts of meeting new people are failing so far. Guess I'm ment to be friendless.

OCDguy

OCDguy

Not knowing the situation between you and your friend, it's difficult to speculate. What I will say is the more we're struggling, the more things like this become amplified, and can even consume all of our time etc. Being patient could be one way forward, or perhaps just drop a message asking if they're okay as you haven't heard from them in a while (it shows you care and value your friendship). More importantly how are you :)

sab

sab

Not knowing the situation between you and your friend, it's difficult to speculate. What I will say is the more we're struggling, the more things like this become amplified, and can even consume all of our time etc. Being patient could be one way forward, or perhaps just drop a message asking if they're okay as you haven't heard from them in a while (it shows you care and value your friendship). More importantly how are you :)
I'm asking them about their day daily. I had talk some time ago. Even today, I told them I'm always here if they need talk. I may be wrong, but they don't seem interested in my company anymore. We used to be best friends, soulmates. Having silly and serious conversations.

They many times told me they consider me as best friend, complaining that others ignoring them yet what they're doing now? I already had bad experiences with people. And they know well, that leaving me in unknown won't do any good for my mental health.

Also, they told me about issue they had with other friend and the fact they become distant over misunderstanding. Maybe I made mistake at some point? But they won't talk to me and tell me what's going on.

I'm aware they come through difficult times, and if I wouldn't care about them so much, I'd be long gone so far. Because they legit got me paranoid. I even started thinking they aren't who they say they are and in fact it's my old friend who left me and bullied for about the year. They only befriended me to get revenge.

I haven't cried over a person since my ex J. left me four or something years ago. My friend was first one whom I fully trusted and felt so much in common. I haven't feel mentally well since they started pushing me away.

They keep avoiding me, then asking if I'm mad and I lie because I don't wanna cause argument.

I'd rather hear from them to leave them alone than live in uncertainty like that. It's killing me.

At this point I don't wanna make friends ever. They all gonna leave. Everybody leaves. Ignores, then complains that I'm not very social. How I can be social if everyone ignores me and tell to focus on myself?

Sorry for a rant, I needed to describe how I feel.

OCDguy

OCDguy

I'm asking them about their day daily. I had talk some time ago. Even today, I told them I'm always here if they need talk. I may be wrong, but they don't seem interested in my company anymore. We used to be best friends, soulmates. Having silly and serious conversations.

They many times told me they consider me as best friend, complaining that others ignoring them yet what they're doing now? I already had bad experiences with people. And they know well, that leaving me in unknown won't do any good for my mental health.

Also, they told me about issue they had with other friend and the fact they become distant over misunderstanding. Maybe I made mistake at some point? But they won't talk to me and tell me what's going on.

I'm aware they come through difficult times, and if I wouldn't care about them so much, I'd be long gone so far. Because they legit got me paranoid. I even started thinking they aren't who they say they are and in fact it's my old friend who left me and bullied for about the year. They only befriended me to get revenge.

I haven't cried over a person since my ex J. left me four or something years ago. My friend was first one whom I fully trusted and felt so much in common. I haven't feel mentally well since they started pushing me away.

They keep avoiding me, then asking if I'm mad and I lie because I don't wanna cause argument.

I'd rather hear from them to leave them alone than live in uncertainty like that. It's killing me.

At this point I don't wanna make friends ever. They all gonna leave. Everybody leaves. Ignores, then complains that I'm not very social. How I can be social if everyone ignores me and tell to focus on myself?

Sorry for a rant, I needed to describe how I feel.
Thank you for sharing :hug: Well you have shown you care etc. not a lot more you can do really. I think if it were me I would leave the door open for them to contact and possibly focus on making new connections... Hope you are having a better day today :hug: