• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Abusive relationship

B

Blackrose09

I m so scared to see this person I becomed very mood anxious and shaking because I need to see this person. I don't know what to espect. Im so tired of this

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Hi Blackrose09, that doesn't sound good. People that cause me so much anxiety, i try to avoid as much as possible. How often do you need to see them?

BlueFox

BlueFox

Have you told anybody about the abuse?

Best wishes, your in my prayers

B

Blackrose09

Hi Blackrose09, that doesn't sound good. People that cause me so much anxiety, i try to avoid as much as possible. How often do you need to see them?
2,3 times per week but I only for maximum 1, 2 hours. In the past I used to see them more often.

B

Blackrose09

Have you told anybody about the abuse?

Best wishes, your in my prayers
I trued to talk with some psychiatrists. Because this person knew them and was making me look like the abuser. Of course they belived their version. Is OK I won't talk anymore. Slowly maybe I'm getting out of this relationship.

Thank you.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
It is hard to manage difficult relationships, i have one myself and cannot get out of it ever, but i have hardened and also learnt how to manage this person to avoid escalation. Often i still become affected quite badly by their behaviour, but i live alone now and so can turn my phone off and lock my door. I pretend to have a bad cold or be asleep, when i am not. I pretend to be listening to music sometimes and that i don't hear the phone as listening through ear phones, even though i am not.

It is sad i have to do this but the only way it can be managed to protect myself from stress. Stress is not good for my illness, for anyones.