Absolutely hate myself feeling so stupid

B

barmcake

What you said was totally appropriate under the circumstances. Nothing to worry about. I seem to say the wrong thing all the time and then spend all night worrying about it. A few things I do to help myself is just allow myself to sink to the bottom when depressed because I know I
will start to come up again when ready. Give up giving a shit about what other people think of you and learn to enjoy being your own best friend. You probably feel like the only person who can't connect, but there are millions of us out there who feel the same. Just be yourself, you will be o.k. You are a good person and said nothing wrong.

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

Just had a horrific staff meeting and hate myself for saying most stupidest thing I said to boss who's husband is in hospital from heart attack bye thinking off you with your husband hope everything goes okay I'm here if you need to talk but now I hate myself and feel incredibly stupid like I want to self. Harm I hate going out I always say wrong thing
you didnt say the wrong thing, it was lovely of you to say that to her :hug:

I

invisible2014

What you said was totally appropriate under the circumstances. Nothing to worry about. I seem to say the wrong thing all the time and then spend all night worrying about it. A few things I do to help myself is just allow myself to sink to the bottom when depressed because I know I
will start to come up again when ready. Give up giving a shit about what other people think of you and learn to enjoy being your own best friend. You probably feel like the only person who can't connect, but there are millions of us out there who feel the same. Just be yourself, you will be o.k. You are a good person and said nothing wrong.
Thanks so much

B

barmcake

I have this problem all the time. I am trying to learn to listen more and talk less.
That's good advice. Glad I'm not the only one. My perfect next door neighbour asked me to feed her cat, which I agreed to do. As I was leaving, I said 'don't blame me if he dies'. Why oh why can't I be perfect. Trying to explain makes it worse. Never explain, never complain. Oh dear!

ninarose

ninarose

I
I hate myself just want to hurt myself I'm so stupid
you’re not stupid, this is your anxiety speaking. anxiety makes everything you do feel magnified times ten. you are so amazing and kind for caring about someone and giving them encouragement, i’d cry too if someone was supportive of me during a hard time. i think you should try to find behavior to replace the self destructive ones. i used to self harm too but i found ways to distract myself. some basic ones are reading, writing, listening to music, talking to someone that you love, and some destructive ones that aren’t harmful to you could be going to the gym, throwing eggs at a wall, throwing old dishes somewhere safe where you can clean up after yourself, or simply just looking in the mirror and comforting yourself how someone else would comfort you. you are ok, you didn’t make a mistake, it’s ok to feel stupid but you don’t need to punish yourself for it. i’m sorry this upset you so much :(

B

BurazazuDiary

Selfhate. Such a familiar feeling to me. I have hated myself for the past couple of years too... every day... just can't stand myself. But learning to live with it. Kind of accepted it.

I

invisible2014

you’re not stupid, this is your anxiety speaking. anxiety makes everything you do feel magnified times ten. you are so amazing and kind for caring about someone and giving them encouragement, i’d cry too if someone was supportive of me during a hard time. i think you should try to find behavior to replace the self destructive ones. i used to self harm too but i found ways to distract myself. some basic ones are reading, writing, listening to music, talking to someone that you love, and some destructive ones that aren’t harmful to you could be going to the gym, throwing eggs at a wall, throwing old dishes somewhere safe where you can clean up after yourself, or simply just looking in the mirror and comforting yourself how someone else would comfort you. you are ok, you didn’t make a mistake, it’s ok to feel stupid but you don’t need to punish yourself for it. i’m sorry this upset you so much :(
Thanks so much for understanding

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
soulsearcher Depression Forum 45
frisas45 Depression Forum 13
Fairy Lucretia Depression Forum 20
C Depression Forum 11
S Depression Forum 2