• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

About today

D

dc86uk

So...here I am again, writing down my thoughts after an "episode". Health anxiety is the worst.

Had a decent day to be fair, my job allows me to focus on other things. No issues to speak of apart from feeling pretty tired! I put it down to perhaps I am coming out of the anxiety and starting to get back on track and my mind is weary from the thoughts. Then boom! I am sat on my PC watching a video on Youtube and I have sharp stabbing pain in the centre of my chest...lasts 10/15 seconds then disappears...then happens again and last 10/15 seconds then disappears...

Then my anxiety goes off the charts...fight or flight mode activated...what is the one thing I have been obsessing over the past month (even been to hospital over it - results all came back clear)...a heart attack, what happens if I had one, how would it feel, would I survive etc etc... so now every little moan or grumble in my chest/back/shoulder is automatic death sentance this is the end so long world... starting to get on my pip if I am honest but I need to write this down.

Anyone else out there struggling? Anyone go through this?

D

Annelis

Annelis

It's terrible when you have such fear. I also freak out at every such pain and ask my best friend like 10 times daily at least whether .... Is a symptom of dying. She makes fun of me but I'm really scared. So I totally relate to what you say.

kat4900

kat4900

I expirienced the same issue and month or so ago. I understand that it is horrible. Alot easier said then done but taking measures to manage stress and rationalizing your anxious thoughts around this will help.