• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

About to explode

invise

invise

Ive been in tears all night, im so anxious, depressed, wound up, worried, stressed. its all too much. I cant take this. Is anyone there?

A

Apotheosis

Hello - I am here

PM me if you like, I am up for a while. Having a bath in a bit.

invise

invise

Dunno if your still here

My honours project is due in at uni tommorrow. Ive been working on it for 12 hours a day for the last 2 weeks, and i still dont feel like its good enough!! I need to get a good grade, i have a conditional offer for a position and scholarship to do a PhD - but only if I get a first! so much pressure!

A

Apotheosis

It is a lot of pressure. I'm still here - just had a bath; it made me feel better.

It sounds like a lot of work.

invise

invise

Studying computer science. My project is all based around the physics and mathematical theories of sound and music, not the kinda thing i can concentrate on just now! weve had builders outside every morning, bangin drills at 730 o nthe dot, havent slept a wink in weeks, i hate this

A

Apotheosis

Studying computer science. My project is all based around the physics and mathematical theories of sound and music, not the kinda thing i can concentrate on just now! weve had builders outside every morning, bangin drills at 730 o nthe dot, havent slept a wink in weeks, i hate this
Your studies sound very interesting. I am very interested in computers too.

Do you use computers to make music too? with Q-Bass/Reason & such?

The area I am in there has been constant building work, street work, & other noise for years. It's crazy. They are constantly digging up the road.

invise

invise

Yea love cubase, reason, some sibilius when I can be bothered. Got my digi 8 track that comes everywhere with me too, never know when inspiration will hit :) The app i made for my honours project is similar to sibelius / finale, but instead of using MIDI or clicking, it just listens to a recording and deciphers it into music using the laws of physics and math. Works brilliantly for single note instruments, flute, voice, sax, recorder, etc , but fails abysmally for polyphonic instruments, even stereophonic instruments. Still, got a better solution than Sibelius current do for understanding recorded music :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Depression Forum 5
L Depression Forum 1