about OCD

stability

stability

OCD is a common disorder in life,i got it,my gf got it,we all got it in some forms...whether it's a phobia like a fear of this or that==my wife had a phobia OCD about hygiene==washing her hands too often etc..i have known people who self harm,people who go into intrusive or imaginary thoughts which can really affect daily life,rumination,worries,
fear,anger,anxiety,depress ion,lack of self worth/self esteem..
according to what i think it all has to do with OCD...is there a cure?are we afraid to talk about it?let's open a discussion again here about OCD,i think it's worthwhile talking about it...and never forget,if i tell you i got OCD or feel bipolar,it does not affect me or who i am,we are going for an open discussion about who we are,what we feel,this is not a tribunal where we place people in a bad daylight...it's an open discussion...anyone wanna say something about her or his OCD problem,how they deal with it and how it affects their life?i will go further in detail about OCD,i find it extremely interesting,anyone else?come on peeps,go for it and start posting...

i will add some more postings..

Last edited by a moderator:
stability

stability

i can personally relate to this you tube..when i had to take a train to the airport for a flight towards Japan,i left my house and on the train i got thoughts like=did i lock the back door,turned out the light in my bed room etc...?that's OCD==it's a kind of worry we got no control over,is it not?

stability

stability

OCD can be very persistent and complex to understand...the more i think about my OCD the more i find myself into a puzzle sometimes...but anyway...we all have to learn to understand that OCD can be very difficult to even feel its essence in general==it's a different issue for most of us..and we need to tackle our problem ourself==i call it determination...i bet avoiding a problem is only postponing it in my opinion...i can be wrong?lots of mental disorders we have to investigate ourselves,or we can go into therapy and seek profession help,i never did it to be honest..OCD goes often together with life trauma's

https://www.helpguide.org/articles/p...cal-trauma.htm

https://psychcentral.com/lib/avoidan...er-the-answer/

Mental Disorders & Conditions - DSM5

A

ate

ocd is a bitch. its making me agoraphobic, just to avoid all the rituals that keep piling on each other when i leave the house.
One temporary solution for me was taking pictures of things i kept rechecking,
that worked until i thought the photos could be fooling me and i couldnt trust them 100%.
Lsd also helped for a few weeks but whos gonna prescribe that, for now.
But overall, i think this is for life and we have to think outside the box to beat it

T

tigerslover

Interesting topic. I was diagnosed with schizophrenia but it could be OCD. The two are similar in some ways and can get confused. For example, the voices are probably either intrusive thoughts or maladaptive daydreams. They say OCD is a fear of hurting others but I think there are other forms of OCD that the mental health industry has yet to discover, like the fear of criticism or the need to be brutally honest.