About my Sister, again

Poopy Doll

Poopy Doll

I guess I really am bipolar because I can't sleep since my sister was totally condescending to me because I refused to take sides in an ongoing argument she has with my son. She seeks to punish me for what my son said to her. I am continuing to defend myself in my mind.

My birthday is Saturday. It is also my sister's birthday.

My religious background tells me to be kind to her no matter how rude she is to me. It tells me to take the high road and wish her happy birthday. However, this does not teach her to treat me with equanimity.

Every year or so she is unkind to me. She basically gets angry and takes it out on me like I'm an emotional punching bag. I have this loyalty to her that seems misguided.

So now I am extremely happy that I live with Bruce and NOT with my sister. I am so happy I don't have to live with an arrogant person who likes to try and degrade me.

My other son says I need to decide not to have my sister in my life. It always comes back to that.

My sister tried to invalidate everything I said I felt or thought. She tried to guilt trip me. She is operating from control/power, not love. Then she says she will pray for me. Yuk. :eek2:

Do I want my sister in my life ?? I am conflicted on this and therefore cannot sleep. She does not know how to be a pal. And she has no regard for the fact that I am the bipolar one who should be treated carefully/full of care.

There's something about being my sister's keeper that rings untrue.

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

Sorry to hear about your sister. With family and friend's it's always a personal decision in regards to what do to.

E

emzz

Poopy Doll you are a lovely warm caring soul, it's time to stand up to your sister and ask her! what the hell is your problem? I'm not taking your sh*t anymore, show me the respect I deserve or there's the door, I had to do it with a family member so I know it's not easy! take care you deserve to be happy.

Last edited by a moderator:
soulsearcher

soulsearcher

sorry to hear about your sister,
these things happen a lot with most families

just bare it with patience and take it as it comes

Poopy Doll

Poopy Doll

Hi emmzz. I'm slowly realizing that if people are particularly obnoxious, one should avoid them. During the time period when my mother was quite elderly, my sister was nice to me and "crawled up my ass into my life". Now she is a bully and demanding I apologize to her for not immediately taking her side in the fight she had with my son. I will certainly not take a side against my son. I didn't even see their stupid fight.

I'm starting to see that it isn't love I have for my sister but attachment. It's the family pattern to cling to the mother figure who is domineering. It would probably be good for me to overcome this attachment. It is so upsetting that I cannot sleep. Do I have compassion on her or do I have compassion on me ??

Thanks for writing to me.

E

emzz

Look after you Poopy doll, your son is your flesh & blood no question to who your loyalty is with, thank god we can choose our friends! take care and hope you get at least a couple of hours sleep.

D

Dulcie

Dear Poppy Doll, you are a lovely caring person, but I believe that your sister is being a ruthless manipulator in wantig to get you under her thumb. You must resist! Manipulators are clever in controlling others and your sister's behaviour swings between flattery, meanness, guilt tripping when you flare back at her, or puts on a charm offense when really she wants her own way and getting you right back into her clutches.

I've been victim of a first class manipulator: my mother now gladly dead. You must assert yourself like I had to. Once you stay strong and stant up to her, you will feel more optimistic, more powerful and once again in control of your future.

I will pm you an excellent article.

Much love :)
Dulcie

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Hopeful313 People 30
N People 1
Y People 5
Hejdå People 5