• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

abilify

Twistiburger

Twistiburger

is anyone else but me taking abilify for voices (and its supposed to help with other things too)

I dont really have a pro or con on the med as ive only been on it about a month..but would like to hear how it has worked for some...thanks

T

Twylight

Abilify had no effect on me
I couldn't sleep and went into Psychosis

Twistiburger

Twistiburger

It hasnt seemed to have done much for me either thusfar...thanks for your reply

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Not on it myself.I've heard some negative stuff about it recently,there's a thread somewhere....
Apparently it doesn't work.

T

Trish

Been on it for about a year or so and it works a treat for me ! No more voices !

Bluemoon

Bluemoon

Founding Member
I tried Abilify and it made me very un-restful. I just wanted to get up and then sit down all the time. I was prescribed something extra for that and it helped a little but not totally. I felt a little depressed as well. I still heard voices. My days felt longer though, which the doctor said was part of getting well but after four weeks I couldn't take it anymore. So I guess it was bad for me. I've heard others on different forums saying that it works for them. I may try again one day, but right now Seroquel is the one I'm working with - even though it doesn't help with the voices much.

G

Geejay

Quite like it so far

Im currently coming of the Olanzapine and now I'm also on the Abillify... think its going to be the one for me and i quite like the restless feeling, getting much more done now.

R

RecoveringJ

Im on the ablify apriprizazole excuse the spellings...
Its effective for me..however dont you guys have problems socially? With the med affecting the nuerotransmitters and the likes of dopamine and seratonian I think my speech as in conersation has been limited. Anybody else noticed this?

J

JustABitBarmey

I've been on it around 5 weeks and it hasn't helped for the voices.

ms_P

ms_P

Founding Member
I stopped taking it the first week because of the horrific headaches. It felt like something was going to burst in my brain...no thanks.

keepsafe

keepsafe

Interesting I read the link too - its making me disordered I put it in my blog this morning but I have only been on it a week now and the voices seem to be less intrusive just got all the other stuff going on like disorder, dizzy, no sleep, headache. Ah well the voices are still here but not as intrusive

See what happens - the c.p.n reckons she has never heard of it causing dizzyness, disorder and that the headaches and sleep stuff should settle down?