• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Abilify worsening psychotic symptoms

T

The-Zyxers

Hello everyone. I am wondering, am I the only one who is experiencing that abilify is making me worse? Does anyone know if it is just temporary and will get better later?

Mister.B

Mister.B

Do you have gaps in taking it?
Like do you sometimes forget to take it for a couple of days?

I have found that Abilify is the only medication to make me feel weird if I missed doses.

T

The-Zyxers

no, I have taken it every day so far (soon one week). I am meeting doctor or so in two days but I don't trust their judgement for various reasons. I used to take olanzapine (Zyprexa) but it didn't work at all, so we changed.

Mister.B

Mister.B

no, I have taken it every day so far (soon one week). I am meeting doctor or so in two days but I don't trust their judgement for various reasons. I used to take olanzapine (Zyprexa) but it didn't work at all, so we changed.
Yeah, same with me.

Sorry, I can't help anyway.
I hope someone comes along who can. :)

M

mooncat

Hello i no with me when they tried me on it within days i became very fidgity .Couldnt stop paceing.And if i sat on a seat then i wouldnt be abble to keep my legs still.

But then other people at my drop in are on it and its really helping them.

T

The-Zyxers

Hello i no with me when they tried me on it within days i became very fidgity .Couldnt stop paceing.And if i sat on a seat then i wouldnt be abble to keep my legs still.

But then other people at my drop in are on it and its really helping them.
Did your psychotic symptoms get any worse?

M

mooncat

Ive been on antiphycotics for almost 10years now and theyve never been because im phycotic (well thats what the drs told me) its to calm down dark thoughts.I wasnt on it very long.as soon as i started it and it made me very restless i asked to go back on another drug and have been since.
If its making you feel worse then you really need to see your Dr and see if theres any other options.
Mooncat.xx

T

Trainur

Apart from restlessness how does it make you feel Abilify? No one yet despite being doctors can tell me how it feels. For instance, when I was on it for first month or two, I got anxiety, mental jarring when uncomfortable with someone one or one. Mental jarring when tired and having what would be usually slightly bad thoughts (bad thoughts meaning normal just worry about things going right), restlessness, loss of consciousness ie have bad thought>forget thought>whilst having it again>forget it immediately ie reduced conciousness (only when tired though).

I hope that was OK to follow, what I wrote.

Does anyone who only had negative symptoms of psychosis have a good experience with Abilify -- or a bad one, actually?

L

lovagemuffin

very much the same as mooncat couldn't sit still soooo overtly anxious it was awful. but some people get on really well with it.:(

S

sadgirl

I'm on a dosage of 5mg but have to go back and see Dr as it's not working and I've not told them the truth so got to go back and go through it all again no that they are going to up it and see if that makes me feel any better

N

natalie

Hi all,

For me, I had found that due to the fact, I was started on Abilify on lower doseages, now you don't say what dose level you are/were on, which is making you feel worse, will you get any better - it had to have taken me to have several goes, until 25ml, came along, and it has been a remarkable improvement in all capacities of my mental health call it if you will, psycosis, anxiety, paranoia with me and hearing voices, 25ml is far the best dose I swear happily by; and yes, between 5 and 20ml, I was not much better. I was anxious and paranoia in all the time I was on these levels. Could you have tried maybe, to increase your doseage slightly or much more under authority consent, and see if that might help? - Just a thought.

Take care all,

Natalie

N

natalie

Hi all, Hi The Zyxers,

I'm glad that the increseaed doseage now works better for you.

Natalie.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sammyjames97 Psychosis Forum 15