• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

• Safety Notice: This section on Psychiatric Drugs/Medications enables people to share their personal experiences of using such drugs/medications. Always seek the advice of your doctor, psychiatrist or other qualified health professional before making any changes to your medications or with any questions you may have regarding drugs/medications. In considering coming off psychiatric drugs it is very important that you are aware that most psychiatric drugs can cause withdrawal reactions, sometimes including life-threatening emotional and physical withdrawal problems. In short, it is not only dangerous to start taking psychiatric drugs, it can also be dangerous to stop them. Withdrawal from psychiatric drugs should only be done carefully under experienced clinical supervision.

Abilify please help/advice

S

Skeeter

sorry to open a new topic again...
have been told to stop setraline and start abilify.
what are peoples experiences? im quite terrified of it to be honest, specifically the weight gain and sickness.
i am also not sure i should be taking it as i dont think im psychotic, they just say i am? i dont see things.
please help, if i do take it, what time should i do that best, morning/evening?

W

wobblythighs77

Hi,
I'm on sertraline and abilfy, I take them both at night.
The abilify makes me tired, I'm on 30mg
No weight gain or sickness though
Hope this helps x

S

Skeeter

Thank you that does help. I'm starting with 5 then increasing to 10 next week. Stopping sertraline altogether though.
I will start taking it tonight.
Thanks for your help.

S

Skeeter

can a blood test show whether you are taking it does it show?

S

Skeeter

is it normal to feel extremely angry/agitated/restless on abilify and also to nearly fall asleep after taking it?

W

wobblythighs77

I've never felt angry or agitated, but it does make me very sleepy

S

sharkey

I have been on this combined with depakote and they were actually my favourite combination of meds. I can't remember the beginning but once I had been on them a while I remember not being aware of any side effects but them working really well. Might have to give it some time. But I also ask doctor or cpn about side effects just to be sure.

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
don't worry about weight gain too much its the least weight gainy of all the anti phycotics
its just trial and error if you don't like it report back to your psychiatrist and try something else.

S

Skeeter

thanks i have tried risperidon and haloperidol in the past but neither were effective. risperidon a bit but the side effects to severe...

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I take Seroquel, it is sedating it knocks me to sleep for 12 hours but that's ok with me.
its the best one for me you just need to try some out and see which ones are the best for you goodluck:)

A

althea 1

I have tried abilify, I felt dizzy and my vision was blurred

S

Skeeter

sorry to bump this topic op again
but did anyone taking abilify feel like their body felt really weird? just generally, i cant stand very long and i feel very restless. i can't describe it much other than everything feels weird
is that just me?

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
N Revised, New High Dose, Monitored for 2 weeks, (30ml, Abilify) Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 4
C Is 30 abilify too much when no delusions? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 11
C Gambling/shopping (abilify) Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 15
N Oops, Overlooked my days' dose of 25ml, of Abilify! ouch! Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
F Worries about Abilify Maintena 400 injection Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 9
P Stopping Abilify Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 10
TheLuna Abilify - How long does it take? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 23
N Dose Reduction - Abilify - o riginally 25ml Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 11
X Abilify and night sweats Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 3
N Experimenting Temporarily, Abilify 25ml, In Mornings Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
N Terrible Night - Lack of Sleep, Reduced down Abilify temporarily to 20ml Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 6
X Abilify as an antidepressant supplement Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 12
I Abilify Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 3
N 25ml Abilify - Novelty dose wearing off/irritiblity/slight reduction unofficially of dose- 20 ml Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 5
N Irritiblity - Abilify Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 5
N Fun and Games with Abilify Prescription!!! - Annoyed! Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 3
N Abilify Experimenting For Countering Tiredness - Changing time of dose Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 8
P Experiencing rapid blinking and finding it difficult to keep my eyes open after being on Aripiprazole (Abilify). Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 6
A Abilify and drinking alcohol Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 8
A Tapering off Abilify Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 14
N Considering, Greatly for 4-6 months allowing, Reducing Abilify - to 20ml, from 25ml. Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 16
N 25ml Dose.../Low Helicopter at 2.15pm/Abilify/Side Affects - Sugar in brand Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 3
N GP appointment - 2nd junior in line, at Group Practice/Blood tests/Boils condiiton/problems I think s tem from med (Abilify) Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 4
N Scaling Back a Little to 20ml daily - Abilify Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 4
N Currently Just Learned, Abilify Out of Stock - Manufacturer or Warehouse!!! Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 6
N Back to the old 25ml of Abilify Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
Azelka Abilify Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 3
LexLoofer Abilify Side Effects Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 3
N Sugary Based Med - Abilify - Boils Condiitons/Problems (over years) Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 9
N Onset of Anxiety 2 Months After Stopping Abilify Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 3
N Sinus Medicine - Abilify Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 1
N Temporarily increasing level of dose - Abilify Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 3
N 25ml Abilify - holiday/vacation - very very strong - now back home rerducing Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 5
N Completely Differnt Time of Day to take 25ml daily of Abilify Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 3
N To make an enqury - Abilify for regarding holiday/vacation Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 3
N Re-arranging Time of Dose - Abilify Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 12
N Very Balanced and Very Stablised - Reducing Abilify Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 9
P Sexual Dysfunction With Abilify Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 6
Y When I first heard of Abilify Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 1
N Another New Batch - Abilify Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 4
N Abilify - Run Out! Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 7
N Inadvertantly - Overlooked Medication Dose - 20ml - Abilify Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 12
N Discovery on 15ml reduced partial dose of Abilify Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
T Abilify (Aripriprazole) injection and pills Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 26
S abilify injection Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 13
S Abilify and respiridone with alcohol Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 1
F Abilify? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 12
Eldritch Abilify causing shaking? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 1
porkpie Is ABILIFY (aripiprazole) Depot 400mg considered a 'heavy duty antipsychotic'. Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 1
Mister.B Isolation caused by Abilify Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 6