• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Abandoned with Schizophrenia

• Thread starter whyoverandover (was mirrorImage123)
  • Start date
whyoverandover (was mirrorImage123)

Anyone else feel abandoned during their schizophrenia with friends or family? How do you handle it? I’m not doing so well with it.

M

Mister_Fabulous formerly BetaMale

I have schizophrenia and I used to feel abandoned when none of my Facebook friends would wish me on my birthday. I handled it by deleting my Facebook account.

BEASTMODEWARRIOR

BEASTMODEWARRIOR

Anyone else feel abandoned during their schizophrenia with friends or family? How do you handle it? I’m not doing so well with it.
yea me too but i think reality you are not really abandoned they understand its your schizophrenia telling your feeling abandoned? just tell your family you feeling the feelings of abandoned don't keep it inside say what you feel.

yea me too but i think reality you are not really abandoned they understand its your schizophrenia telling your feeling abandoned? just tell your family you feeling the feelings of abandoned don't keep it inside say what you feel.
I tried talking and i was told to shut up. Trying it again, is pointless, I wish it weren’t true.

Naturelove7

Naturelove7

I used to feel that way sometimes. But I realized I was talking to my family very regularly for years and the boundaries between us had worn down. I feel more accountable for myself after I reached a low point and embraced independence. Realizing that you have to care in the end can be a powerful motivator.

My father gave me a growling bear card with blood on its claws with two dollars inside for my birthday, that was the last time we spoke. Its not my schizophrenia, he hates me and now I hate him. Thats just one of the stories, its like that with all of them. My cousin had every cousin except me stand up for her in her wedding. Its a mess that can’t be fixed.

P

Patrick35

I have been ill for a long time so this feeling is very familiar to me and not at all pleasant.
We all need some support in all of this no matter what mental illness we suffer from.
The society also participated a lot in the stigmatization of schizophrenia.