• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Aat team?

S

sadgirl

What does anyone know about the AAT assessment team? I have an apt with them on fri and am petrified don't know if I caan trust them who they are how many of them I have to face I don't know nothing about them am scared

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

I'm going to sound really ignorant now but what does AAT stand for? I've never heard of an AAT assessment team before.

Whatever it is, I hope your appointment on Friday goes well.

S

sadgirl

I'm going to sound really ignorant now but what does AAT stand for? I've never heard of an AAT assessment team before.

Whatever it is, I hope your appointment on Friday goes well.
Neither have I apparently they've taken over from mental health and deal with assessments but from the paperwork I've looked through its made up of loads of different people from psycharist nurses community out reach ect but it doesn't actually give you any information on them or what to expect ect plus I have major problems with trust and it's taken me 8 months to trust my now gp and 4 months for my now counsellor (and I'm just starting to open up) bow they expect me to go in and trust strangers part of me says cancel

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

That the paperwork leaves you in the dark a bit probably isn't helping. You sound a bit like I am; you need to know what to expect before you go somewhere.

I would just say, if it's something that may benefit you, it would be worth attending. Can you take someone you trust with you for support?

S

sadgirl

That the paperwork leaves you in the dark a bit probably isn't helping. You sound a bit like I am; you need to know what to expect before you go somewhere.

I would just say, if it's something that may benefit you, it would be worth attending. Can you take someone you trust with you for support?
I've managed to ask a friend too go so I don't suddenly cancel or runaway (I have a habit) but don't really like being a pain I know that I need help on one hand but on the other I don't really know what to do

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

It always helps to have a plan to enable us to deal with things and I think asking a friend was a good way to go. I'm sure your friend doesn't think you're being a pain at all and you shouldn't feel bad for asking. We all need extra support at times. :hug1:

SarahD

SarahD

It stands for Access and Assessment Team. I was going to tell you what the equivalent is in my area but I just forgot it. They will assess you to try to understand your difficulties and see what is the best service to help you. I think there may be several people. When I was first assessed there were two or three. They were very kind to me.

You could always phone up and warn them you are nervous and ask if you want to know who will be there and what will happen. But having your friend with you will help. Hope it goes ok.

S

sadgirl

It stands for Access and Assessment Team. I was going to tell you what the equivalent is in my area but I just forgot it. They will assess you to try to understand your difficulties and see what is the best service to help you. I think there may be several people. When I was first assessed there were two or three. They were very kind to me.

You could always phone up and warn them you are nervous and ask if you want to know who will be there and what will happen. But having your friend with you will help. Hope it goes ok.
I've phoned them twice each time I've spoken to to 2 different people and neither of them had access to my paper work it felt like they were reading from a script and All I could her was them taping away n the computer didn't really seem interested in what I was saying maybe tom will be different

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

I expect that you have just spoken with two different receptionists. It would explain what you have described.

Anyway, I just wanted to say good luck for tomorrow. I hope your appointment goes well.