• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

A web-based university study for the management of social anxiety

S

Stephen Harwood

Would You Like To Participate?

Do anxieties about social situations cause you to feel stressed or low in mood and self-esteem?

I’m currently conducting post-graduate research at the University of Leeds (UK) into a psychological intervention which has been shown to improve symptoms such as those listed above.

This project takes place over 4-weeks and involves just 30-minutes of your time on 3-days in week 1, in weeks 2-3 you don’t have to do anything, and in week 4 just 30-minutes on one day, that’s it.

All you have to do is complete a questionnaire and a simple task over the internet and carry out the intervention 3 times in week 1.

This is a very important project and is an opportunity to be involved with some new and beneficial research.

If you decide to take part please reply to:
Stephen Harwood Email: [email protected]

If you are interested in taking part or in finding out more information please contact me on the above email.

All you need to take part is yourself, a small amount of time and an internet connection, class English as your first language and be one of the following nationalities:

American, Australian, British, Canadian, Irish, New Zealand or South African.

Thanks,
Stephen

Recruitment Ends Once Sufficient Replies Received

KP1

KP1

Founding Member
I think I would be a bit dubious about contacting anyone directly like this they could be anyone.

J

jamesdean

:hi:KP1, i thought that:whistle::woohoo::popcorn::scratcheshead::prop::doh::colours:i just love using all these icons best wishes jd

D

Dollit

I've asked this person to verify their credentials. If a post like this worries you please hit the warning triangle and alert us to it.

KP1

KP1

Founding Member
sorry keep forgetting there is a warning triangle

D

Dollit

It's a University department, they won't necessarily be checking the email box daily. They'll get in touch if they can use you and they may have a lot of replies as they'll be advertising this quite widely.