• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

A very strong & strange feeling

J

jokker

Im just posting coz i want to know whats it is and is it normal.

Some times im experiencing weid memory like feeling. It it no like other. Maybe it is because i do not feel it often and it is hardly compared to anything else.

It is very strong feeling/memory ... it is like a pictures i see in weird way. It is very much like a memory but it is not, it feels different and it looks different.
It feels that it is happened or it is going to happen.

Last time i saw it was month ago. I went to home and looked over the shoulder at friend ... there is was a very weird memory what felt very different ... very strong. It was just a momentary thing. But i tried to remember what it was. ( no drugs)

As i previously told that i experience it not very often.
For example when i was as a kid i had a feeling that i have seen a dream very many times when i waked up. Not every next day.
By the way the dream was weird also. But im not sure about seeing it.

And some other times due some kind of triggering.

Im pretty sure that it is not made up in mind. I thought about it and i concluded that what experience is a memory... but i see it (starting to see) in weird way.

Although main thing about it is that it feels very different and strongly.

Any thoughts are welcome ;)

Thank you !

J

jokker

What is a flashback ?
Sorry as u see im not good at english ;)

Flashback is some kind of memory from past ?

But this was not like a memory... It was something ... like ... flash hmm. It was just a momentary thing and it felt not like other. I tried to remember that feeling. Thats way im concluding it is not ordinary and not normal.

Could it be some kind of interpolation or error in my head ? :scared:

spiritual_emergency

spiritual_emergency

jokker: It is very strong feeling/memory ... it is like a pictures i see in weird way. It is very much like a memory but it is not, it feels different and it looks different. It feels that it is happened or it is going to happen.

This sounds like deja vu (day-zzuh voo). Listen...

Deja Vu: "already seen"; also called "paramnesia," from Greek παρα "para," "near" + μνήμη "mnēmē," "memory") is the experience of feeling sure that one has witnessed or experienced a new situation previously (an individual feels as though an event has already happened or has happened in the near past). The term was coined by a French psychic researcher, Émile Boirac (1851–1917) in his book "L'Avenir des sciences psychiques" ("The Future of Psychic Sciences"), which expanded upon an essay he wrote while an undergraduate.

The experience of déjà vu is usually accompanied by a compelling sense of familiarity, and also a sense of "eeriness," "strangeness," or "weirdness," The "previous" experience is most frequently attributed to a dream, although in some cases there is a firm sense that the experience "genuinely happened" in the past.

The experience of déjà vu seems to be quite common among adults and children alike; in formal studies, 72% of people report having experienced it at least once. References to the experience of déjà vu are also found in literature of the past,[1] indicating it is not a new phenomenon. It has been extremely difficult to evoke the déjà vu experience in laboratory settings, therefore making it a subject of few empirical studies. Recently, researchers have found ways to recreate this sensation using hypnosis.[2]

Source: Wikipedia: Deja Vu

I used to have similar experiences quite often in my childhood. What would happen is I would find myself in a situation and get the feeling I had been there before. Sometimes I would say outloud, "Hey, this happened before and now, such-and-such is going to happen!" And then it would. Or maybe it wouldn't.

I can't quite explain why I would occasionally know what was going to happen before it happened, neither did I have any ability to control when I would get that kind of dream. I suspect it could be maddening if a person tried to live their life dependant upon what they thought might happen. As noted, in my own case sometimes I could reliably predict what would happen next, sometimes I couldn't. It's now been several years since I had any similar dreams.

The experience itself is relatively common so it's probably nothing for you to become worried about.

.​

J

jokker

Than you !
Really inserting this this de za vu is (y)

By the way yea it feels like it happened, or you experienced it some where in a past but you are not sure about it.

So if im getting this feeling then i should know that it happened before ye ?
By the way i watched whole x files season yesterday and i felt something familiar. I guess it was due fact that iv seen some episodes before in a past but i pretty much forgot it.