• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

A very Bizarre Psychosis Experience.

J

Jordaz

Hello to everyone here, My name is Darren and im 28.

I had a very unusual experience happen to me over the last year.
I was laying in bed on my laptop one night, when all of a sudden i felt an overwhelming sense of greatness.
I mean i felt really good. I started seeing these very vivid images on the screen of my laptop.
I realized very quickly that it felt like i was in the presence of the divine.
And that is what i believed.
The feeling stayed for a few days, but i believed i had been chosen for a higher purpose of some kind although i couldn't quite figure it out.
The great really good feeling faded off, and that feeling of ecstasy very quickly turned into doom.
I thought the TV was talking to me, the Radio, MUSIC, i thought people were talking about me all the time, the list goes on.
I believed that everyone could hear my thoughts.
Thats what really messed me up in hospital.
I just went extremely quiet.
I have to say the medicine didn't do anything at the time, at least thats what it felt like.
Anyway, i slowly but surely made a recovery from this weird experience and over the last 6 months i have got myself a new home, car job etc.
Things are looking extremely optimistic at this time.
I guess another really bad thing about that psychosis is that i thought thats how my life was going to be forever.
Its a very scary thing having your perception of reality altered in that way.
I can now understand why some people commit suicide.
Im open to any conversation.

Thanks!

Peaceful

Peaceful

Have you had a diagnosis or are they saying you just experienced a psychotic episode ie what was going on in your life at that time to cause you to experience this - am talking about your life experiences and stresses at that time.

Having been sectioned six times, I would say to you, be very very careful about incorporating too much stresses in your life -be very very kind to yourself and do not push yourself beyond your limits - these experiences are beyond dreadful but all too common too, but with correct mix of right nutrition, very low alcohol, no smoking, exercise and as stress free everyday life as possible- ie be extremely careful as to the occupation you are choosing.

Had a lifetime of pretending I am not easily succumbing to such incidents if allowing more stresses into my life than can deal with.

Do the right things for you. but absolutely be very very careful. You do not want to experience anything like this ever again. Keep taking the medication too. That is absolutely critical in the extreme.

Best wishes and very very good luck to you.

Peaceful.:hug1:

Unique1

Unique1

Hi and :welcome: Jordaz.

Good to hear you have a job,car and home and have made a recovery ...
Thank your for sharing this.

I'm so pleased to hear things are looking pretty optimistic to you.

I'm wishing you all the very best.
Unique1 xx

J

Jordaz

Have you had a diagnosis or are they saying you just experienced a psychotic episode ie what was going on in your life at that time to cause you to experience this - am talking about your life experiences and stresses at that time.

Having been sectioned six times, I would say to you, be very very careful about incorporating too much stresses in your life -be very very kind to yourself and do not push yourself beyond your limits - these experiences are beyond dreadful but all too common too, but with correct mix of right nutrition, very low alcohol, no smoking, exercise and as stress free everyday life as possible- ie be extremely careful as to the occupation you are choosing.

Had a lifetime of pretending I am not easily succumbing to such incidents if allowing more stresses into my life than can deal with.

Do the right things for you. but absolutely be very very careful. You do not want to experience anything like this ever again. Keep taking the medication too. That is absolutely critical in the extreme.

Best wishes and very very good luck to you.

Peaceful.:hug1:
There were implications at the time which caused the psychosis (drug induced)
but the psychiatrist still diagnosed me as schizophrenic, i guess during that time i was schizophrenic what with all the hallucinations and the sheer belief that God was talking to me and the Devil stalked me and so on, but it has all passed now.
Never to touch the drugs again! Lesson learned the Hard way unfortunately.

Thanks for the reply!

M

magic bean

glad you're ok now.

Here in the UK a diagnosis of schizophrenia can't be given to drug induced psychosis. at least that's what the ICD-10 states which is what UK doctors refer to.

J

Jordaz

glad you're ok now.

Here in the UK a diagnosis of schizophrenia can't be given to drug induced psychosis. at least that's what the ICD-10 states which is what UK doctors refer to.
Thats Bizarre. I actually had all this happen to me WHILST i was in the UK.

S

shorty

glad you're ok now.

Hi magic bean.
Do you mean by drug induced it was induced by the psychitrist, or do you mean it was the patient that was on drugs at the time of diagnosis?
And can you explain what ICD-10 relates to?