• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

A SUPPORT THREAD FOR THOSE SUFFERING FROM SEASONAL AFFECTIVE DISORDER.

Blooming

Blooming

My SAD (Winter) is coming early this Autumn. It usually starts in the end of October, but here it is in the end of September and I will have to struggle with it until February/March.

My thought is that if we support each other through the Winter, it will be more easy to deal with.

What about focusing upon mornings; if or not we were able to get out of bed, food; if we had something to eat, bed times; if we are able to go to bed in a decent time or not, physical activities; if we have been able to do some activities for the body or not (all these items are usually affected during depression). What about sun shine? Have we been out in the sun or used a "sun lamp"?

What about looking at the few (or more) "sun rays" that happens during this time; a visitor, some hours at a café or something else?

😱The corona restrictions will probably make it harder to cope with our SAD's this year, but we shall overcome!

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
I too suffer with SAD and like you usually from October but take a high dose vitamin D supplement daily and it did help last year and I’m hoping it will be the same this year. But i have noticed I’m not wanting to get upas early as i do in the summer months and I’m normally an early riser. Fortunately so far ive has no bad depression apart from my normal depression . I’m lucky that my CPN takes it seriously and has seen a pattern over the years.
I think the virus over the winter months will take it toll on peoples MH and make it worse cos i think getting outside with any form of depression is a help. At least it is for me, even a 30 minute walk to clear your head is good. But hopefully we wont go into a full lockdown like earlier

Blooming

Blooming

But hopefully we wont go into a full lockdown like earlier
Thank you for your answer! It is about public transport. People do not use maskes as they are told to do. I'm in the risk group, so I will be deprived from some of my usual experiences that could have lifted me up.

I will start to take D-vitamins. Usually I use a strong Light bulb in the mornings, but haven't started yet ...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Seasonal Affective Disorder Forum 2