• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

A Small Miracle Occurred

A

amber1

I was in such a hellish mental state yesterday and was fully prepared to wake up in Hell this morning, but praise be, it didn't happen. I lay awake for a couple of hours trying to calmly think things through (the past that led up to the latest 'psychotic' episode) and pray to my Higher Power. I felt a sense of peace and inner power overtake me and fell into a restful sleep. Woke this morning feeling comfortable and at peace.

I can't describe how grateful I am not to be in the hell I had anticipated (which has been the pattern on previous occasions when recovering from an episode.

Interacting on this forum has helped a bit, as did emailing a spiritually-minded friend and talking to my Mum on the phone for the first time in a few weeks. I may go and visit her today I haven't decided yet. I had been totally dreading this weekend but now feel more accepting of whatever it holds.

Of course I'm not out of the woods. But talking to my beloved Mum I felt love in my heart again and when praying to my Higher Power. If I can still feel love and haven't become a stony hearted monster as I had feared, there's still hope for me.

I want to keep my resolve to stay away from suicidal thoughts and suicide websites. That had become a peculiar sort of coping strategy for me for quite a while but I think it came back to bite me in the ass. It allowed and encouraged me to become very isolated.

Anyway, I just wanted to check in with you guys this morning after my posts yesterday where I felt pretty desperate. Wishing you all something good for today.

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

It's good to hear a positive side and I'm glad you're feeling calmer and better than you were.

I hope your weekend is going well.

A

amber1

Thanks purplechaos, well the day held both light and darker moments, like most days I guess. Today I am still low and somewhat anxious (jittery feeling in stomach) but it's nothing new to me. I am focusing on trying to forgive myself and be gentle and kind to myself through this process.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Zardos Bipolar Forum 36